Bad Idea???

The.Kid9

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jan 2, 2012
House
I trying to see what would be a good bottom dweller to house with cichla and came across this thought and would like to see what you guys think of this...Would it be a VERY BAD idea to house a sturgeon with cichla???

IMO*
- sturgeon should be housed and given a very large area to grow and be healthy (preferably a big pond)
- unheated water
- bottom dweller (cant get food since cichla will most likely eat all before it reach the sturgeon)

NOTE* This is just a thinking process so please no ranting... xD

Thanks in advance...

The.Kid9

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jan 2, 2012
House
What size tank are you talking about? Ever heard of a STURIO catfish?

From DJ/MC Decker

120-180 gal tank...and no neva heard of a STURIO catfish...google time..

TripleW

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
May 5, 2012
Iowa
That is a pretty good looking catfish if I do say so myself.

leafs and cats only

Gambusia
MFK Member
Nov 21, 2011
renton, washington
nice sturgeons cant live in 120-180 gallons neither can cichla for life but plan on a huge upgrade

MonsterMinis

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Apr 28, 2009
Wisconsin
ide go with one of the larger growing synodontis cats, or maybe a tigrinus or jurenese cat.

The.Kid9

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jan 2, 2012
House
nice sturgeons cant live in 120-180 gallons neither can cichla for life but plan on a huge upgrade
yes i understand the fact that a 120-180 isnt big enough...but for now, theyll in the in 120 for growout...xD

yogurt_21

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jun 5, 2009
AZ, USA
cichla are really meant for 400+ gallons, sturgeon are more like 1000+ it's only a grow out if you have something for them to be in afterwards. Ie I had a 55 grow out I used for fish that weren't quite ready to be with the bigger fish in my 125.

So unless you've got something for them already, it's not a grow out, it's a "I sure hope I can get something bigger soon but this will have to do for now" and typically that turns into "crap I can't afford a bigger setup, I need to rehome my fish that are now way too big for this tank pronto!:

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store