Bad news for these guys

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fish Room Plus

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jun 29, 2005
New Jersey
thought the same thing, he most likely was making a broad statement .........I wonder if the will go easier on them being a breed fish and not W/C?

Tongue33

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Feb 11, 2006
Utah
www.davescichlids.com
N-E Cichlids;1922372; said:
How Accurate is the above Sentence in Big Bold Letters. Also I thought that all Asian Aros were Farm Raised and Micro Chipped. I thought they were not allowed to be pulled from the Wild Anymore.
Zoo's and Public aquariums are the ones who get the permits (Even have to have them for confiscated fish ;)) so it is pretty accurate statement...Getting one as a private hobbiest or even Petstore is close to impossible and I say close because an LFS would have to be pretty huge to obtain a permit...That is also where the "If you have enough money" Clause jumps into the USA way of things.

And pulling from the wild is not legal.. But remember the whole post is of an illegal act ;) But regardless the statement even applies to the farmed as it is still and illegal species. Hence... Shortening the population. The article never said they were chipped although the most likely were.. Still un-chipped fish are found still in transport.

At least this is my understanding from previous busts and articles..
Does that make more sense?

kendog1

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Dec 13, 2007
new york
tempting as it may be, very, very foolish. i have a brither who live close to the lewsiton crossing, and whenever i go to visit it seems like the find me to be suspicous looking and always check out the car, and believe me they are very thorough in there searches.

Horiyoshi III

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Sep 29, 2006
41.769N -71.129W
www.facebook.com
Three questions.
How did they even know they had them?

You can walk into a fish joint up there and buy one?And they only cost 1000$!?!?!

Cohazard

Arapaima
MFK Member
Jul 13, 2005
Largemouthbadbass;1923013; said:
Three questions.
How did they even know they had them?

You can walk into a fish joint up there and buy one?And they only cost 1000$!?!?!
They were most likely being questioned about their visit to canada, and started acting suspicious, sweating, conflicting same-time responses, that sort of thing.

The suspecting border agents performed a routine search and "helloooo... what are these not so spare tire looking bags doing in the spare tire well?"

FishGoneWild

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Aug 22, 2007
32 Polypterus Way, Africa
Cohazard;1923069; said:
The suspecting border agents performed a routine search and "helloooo... what are these not so spare tire looking bags doing in the spare tire well?"
Oh I went to Canada to buy gas because it's too expensive to fill gas in America. I took out my spare to make the car more fuel efficient. I got some donuts in the back seats officers. Which would you like? Glazed, Sprinkles, or extra nuts?

Status
Not open for further replies.
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store