BadGasket's 120 gallon + multi tank setup

BadGaskets

Exodon
MFK Member
Apr 1, 2023
Freshly resealed, a 22 year old 120 gallon 4x2x2 with twin overflows. Will hold a community of medium sized cichlids and catfish. Intentionally to be set up low maintenance, low/medium light to keep algae under control, with only low light plants.

We've had this massive A-grade hunk of driftwood for a few years now, sitting dry, collected from the shores of a local lake. Doesn't fit in a 75 gallon but fits perfectly in this 120. It's 36" long, 18" tall. It's currently anchored on the bottom by those bags of beach pebbles sitting on the hunk of leftover acrylic that's screwed to the underside of the driftwood with a stainless screw.

The 120 will sit in my living room and will be plumbed through the crawlspace into an exterior closet mini-fish room where there will be several other tanks.

The other tanks, in the mini-fish room connected to the system :

50 gallon sump

75 gallon Growout tank for livebearer fry that come from my other tanks (not on this system).

80 gallon "frag tank" (48L x 24w x 16H) brightly lighted with window light and LED to grow plants as nutrient export, probably floating plants.

Here's the 120 sitting on my work table in my workshop. Makes it look small. Got a portable 20w LED work light over it.

Am I the only one that sees an anaconda head there in the middle?
1000004681.jpg

1000004633.jpg

Reactions: Backfromthedead
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store