Batrochoglanis raninus growth thread

Belly up

Piranha
MFK Member
Sep 19, 2008
Wolverine, MI
Terrific fish! Not everything has to get big enough to eat your mother in law.

hooliganATV

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Jul 3, 2014
Wales UK
some of my mini monsters are more fun to watch than the bigger fish, maybe its because you can give them more room and so get a better natural reaction to things

hooliganATV

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Jul 3, 2014
Wales UK
quick up date as i was replacing some plants from plastic to live

so this guy/gal was always the smallest and still about 0.5 shorter and in body size looks smaller

and this one always been the biggest, and boy is he i recond if he would sit still he would be pushing 4" but he is a big wide boy. hope to get more growth on him

you can see the girth difference in relation to the measure tape, so happy as i only get glimpses of them as they mover around from cover to cover at night. now i got my ferns tied on hopefully when they grow out it will give the cats more shade to move about freely.

Reactions: moe214

justarn

Arapaima
MFK Member
May 24, 2011
Kent UK
Proper little chunk, well done dude.

justarn

Arapaima
MFK Member
May 24, 2011
Kent UK
Heres my dude, just blocked the hole in the Base of ma filter box so him, 2x Asian bb cats and a tt eel are evicted lol...

Reactions: moe214

hooliganATV

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Jul 3, 2014
Wales UK
looking awesome mate, just a question of how big will they get now lol

hooliganATV

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Jul 3, 2014
Wales UK
found this guy cutting about while i was doing a WC today, he looking big now so I removed the tube he has been hiding in and put in some bigger caves hopfully he can find a new hangout.

hooliganATV

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Jul 3, 2014
Wales UK
some interesting behavior going on in the tank at the moment. the cat seem very happy to come out during the day, staying close to the driftwood and under the cover of the plants but out and feeding largest must be 5" now. I added 2 banjo cat and 12 cherry barbs to the tank over the weekend, the barbs seem to have triggered something, today for the first time since they went in the big tank I seen the two cats in the same cave and the largest was possibly fanning the ground (can't be sure) the smaller came out to feed then he went in and the larger came out. also witnessed them very violently removing a banjo from the cave, this i have not witnessed before normally they just eat things. I'm wondering if the sudden increase in small fish could have been a trigger?? I have been doing alot of research on the cats and it seems water depth and temp may be the best route to try and trigger a breeding but the increase in a food source could also have helped?

I'm currently sitting on my hands. but not holding my breath, its highly unlikely that i have got them to breed let alone got a pair.

hooliganATV

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Jul 3, 2014
Wales UK
will be updating in a few days as it's moving time for these, into a new tanks cant wait to see how big they have got

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store