Bd female mating with 2 different males

davenmandy

Peacock Bass
MFK Member
Feb 1, 2012
So who is the daddy?
Oh no... someone going to throw in a springer meme now.

My girlfriend was reading about stingray gestation before my pups were born, and she found and read the blurb of an article out loud for me that claimed that rays can get bred a few days before giving birth to pups and essentially hold the sperm in there or it survives or something and become fertilized after the fact. No clue about validity of the article, but if it's true and both got her it would be a 100% craps shoot.

Also, 2 uterus, 2 father's??

Reactions: jettefrances17

Toohard

Candiru
MFK Member
Jul 21, 2014
Where ever
Such a total floozy! Gotta love it. But I agree with MHDevelopments MHDevelopments with the quality of all those bd does it really matter who tagged her? Very cool and congrats once again.

jettefrances17

Dovii
MFK Member
Feb 22, 2010
clifton nj
Wow.
With the quality of those males who cares which one ends up being the father!
Impressive stock to say the least mate.

Is she the only female in the tank?
There are 3 other females in the tank. The other 2 might have been tagged already. The other one is still a bit too small to breed. Thanks

Charney

The Fish Doctor
Staff member
MFK Member
Nov 15, 2005
Somerville NJ
Anyone know if rays are anything like dogs and cats where there can be more the one father to a litter? (yes I know dogs/cats are otherwise not remotely similar to rays)

jim barry

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Jun 21, 2006
U.K
Awsome quality mate. Can i ask a question, you got a lot of quality rays in that tank. Did you divide the mother before she gave birth to the pups?

Jimr

Piranha
MFK Member
Oct 20, 2007
Lyme Ct.
Anyone know if rays are anything like dogs and cats where there can be more the one father to a litter? (yes I know dogs/cats are otherwise not remotely similar to rays)
Yes - there can be two different males. My last litter of Hystrix - she had 7 Hystrix pups and 2 P14 hybrid pups.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store