best cichlid community you ever had or still do

bobbafett

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Sep 11, 2010
australia
also mshill90 i read your threads and it seems you have fish die on you i have never had a fish die or kill each other, except for my jags but that was after they breed, also my african arow died because it was skinny from the lfs
No need to get personal mate, fish can die on anyone, its unavoidable, I'm positive you will learn this soon enough. Its obvious your tanks are overstocked, you said it yourself. You can't expect a community of passionate fish keepers like this one to not have a problem with it, its ridiculous... Moving them in the future or not.

BayArea_510

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Feb 28, 2011
$.HAYWARD CA
whats the problem if my fish are all healthy, thriving, fast growing, and still have plenty of space to swim if u see the tank in person it doesnt look over stcked because most the fish are barely 4 inches big , once they are at least 6 inches i will be selling most of them, alos i jsut down graded so thats why i have a 40 and 30 g but i am going to upgrade those again since in the summer electricity is saved back to a 48x24x24 and under it a 48x18x24

bobbafett

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Sep 11, 2010
australia
Nice to hear your planning to upgrade, i would be suprised if you have many left to move once that time comes. With experience you will learn that there is a right and a wrong way, its obvious the path you have chosen...

BayArea_510

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Feb 28, 2011
$.HAYWARD CA
so are you saying i choose the wrong path , also when you say surprised if i have many left to move r u saying that my fish are going to die becaus e, then you ar ewrong becaus ei have some of the healthiiest fish , and also the water quality in my tanks is superb, and if u dont htink i care for my fish then your wrong because i sacrifice alot of the space in my small room for these fish , all the space i have left is for my bed which is a sofa couch to save space and my tv, and cramped computer desk because i care if my fish get a big home and are happy,

bobbafett

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Sep 11, 2010
australia
As if you are defending having a pair of jags in a 40g plus an umbee, festae and whatever else in a 30g. Lust for a laugh, how long to you plan on running this setup/stocking? These fish put out a LOT of waste, you say your water is "superb" what are your parameters(pH,nh3/nh4+,no2-,no3-)?

BayArea_510

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Feb 28, 2011
$.HAYWARD CA
did u know that the umbee in the 30 g is barely an inch big smaller than an adult guppy, did i not mention weekly 80 % water changes and i have 2 50 gallon filter on the 30 g , my water is so clean i could drink it, also did i not mention the jags went into the 40 g temporarily and that i am trying to sell them , i rather keep them in a 40 g then give them to an lfs were they get put in a 20 g , so i am actually doing my jags a favor , but if the guy who is suppoesed to buy them wensday flakes then i have to figure out how to squeze a 48x24x24 tank for them in my room and sacrifice more, also u are obviously a newbie fish keeper because ph doesnt really matter because vfish adjust and keeping a stable ph is better than an unstable

also if u think my 30 g is an overstocked growout go flame this guy who is getting compliments for throwing 4 inch p-bass in a 24 g growout http://www.monsterfishkeepers.com/forums/showthread.php?425480-Nanocube-24-Log

bobbafett

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Sep 11, 2010
australia
did u know that the umbee in the 30 g is barely an inch big smaller than an adult guppy, did i not mention weekly 80 % water changes and i have 2 50 gallon filter on the 30 g , my water is so clean i could drink it, also did i not mention the jags went into the 40 g temporarily and that i am trying to sell them , i rather keep them in a 40 g then give them to an lfs were they get put in a 20 g , so i am actually doing my jags a favor , but if the guy who is suppoesed to buy them wensday flakes then i have to figure out how to squeze a 48x24x24 tank for them in my room and sacrifice more, also u are obviously a newbie fish keeper because ph doesnt really matter because vfish adjust and keeping a stable ph is better than an unstable

also if u think my 30 g is an overstocked growout go flame this guy who is getting compliments for throwing 4 inch p-bass in a 24 g growout http://www.monsterfishkeepers.com/forums/showthread.php?425480-Nanocube-24-Log
So many things wrong, where to start.... Ill just say good luck.(you'll need it):)

quick edit: Just remembered that the thread is titled "Best cichlid community you ever had or still do" and your posting your current stock in here. My god, imagine your worst:nilly:

Allan01230

Polypterus
MFK Member
Jun 29, 2006
Michigan
Yeah have been in the hobby for many years and just got sick of dead fish from the bruisers. I 'am also enjoying my 85 with geos and roseline sharks and a 12 inch L-114 pleco. IMO the big take no prisoner cichlid community tanks do not work out in the long run. It is the nature of the beast you can't just cram agressive cichlids in a glass box and expect them to get along contrary as to what nature wanted them to do.

Undertheradar

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Mar 22, 2011
oxford england
Would be good to see pics of your tank bayarea couldn't seem to find in lounge? I wish I had a thousand sq ft of tank space to dedicate numerous spacious tanks. In the real world if you have a plan in place your water quality is good and no stress/ agression fair play. The American stocked tank by the russian looks epic and I to take inspiration from it.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store