Best color cichlid?

ehh

Blue Tier VIP
MFK Member
Aug 30, 2013
New Mexico
In my opinion this nic wins it (if it were a contest :) )

I would get a bunch of nics if I could find them this color but whenever I see them at the LFS they are brown looking :(
This is what I'm saying. Any nics I've ever seen locally do not look like the nics I see here.

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

PDRed302

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Aug 4, 2011
Fort Worth Texas
In my opinion this nic wins it (if it were a contest :) )

I would get a bunch of nics if I could find them this color but whenever I see them at the LFS they are brown looking :(
This is what I'm saying. Any nics I've ever seen locally do not look like the nics I see here.
-My female was brown forever before she started to show her true colors.

Nice looking Nic you've got there rmk; the blue in her head is amazing, mine is similar but not that nice!

I'm glad someone posted up a nice a looking picture of one; I really think female Nicaraguan's are super awesome color wise and rivaled (beauty wise) by only a few other cichlids. I meant to take a shot of my female tonight just for this thread but forgot before lights out; although there's no need now! :)

rmkblades

Piranha
MFK Member
Nov 25, 2013
America
View attachment 1020443

Sent from my SCH-I545 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App
View attachment 1020444

Ya, I have to say I got pretty lucky with my Nic...but there are some good looking fish on here as well. But thanks for the comments...I told my Nic and she was happy to here them, lol. I like your two as well...is that your male on the bottom? He has got a females bright colors...Males tend to keep that orange/golden coloration...but either way...really nice. Someone posted it would be nice to have a tank full of nics... +1 on that if only they were easier to find with those blues and oranges...They look like a salt water reef fish...anyways, great pics of some awesome fish!

Black Tuna

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Mar 4, 2014
California
youtube.com
Ya, I have to say I got pretty lucky with my Nic...but there are some good looking fish on here as well. But thanks for the comments...I told my Nic and she was happy to here them, lol. I like your two as well...is that your male on the bottom? He has got a females bright colors...Males tend to keep that orange/golden coloration...but either way...really nice. Someone posted it would be nice to have a tank full of nics... +1 on that if only they were easier to find with those blues and oranges...They look like a salt water reef fish...anyways, great pics of some awesome fish!
They're the same fish, he's just getting bigger, brighter in the second one. From what I've read your female and my male are variants from costa rica. The ones from Nicaragua have more of a green face like my 2 females.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store