Best Food for my FH Frys

mastatee

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Mar 18, 2011
USA
I just bought 10 frys and I want to know what is the best food to feeding them? I'm currently feed them with brine shrimp, is there another food that I can feed them as they getting bigger? they are now about 1.5" and eating machine. Also, I have filter sand on the tank right now, do you suggest that I should keep the sand in the tank or take them out?
Please let me know.thanks

Angler

Polypterus
MFK Member
May 8, 2007
Colorado
Brine shrimp doesn't have much nutritional value. Use bloodworms and a quality pellet.

RickyOutlaw

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jun 29, 2009
Chicago
Mix up from Brine Shrimp, Blood Worms, Pellets and flakes, do something different.
Morning some Brine Shrimp, Afternoon, flakes, night pellets
Day 2. Pellets, Different brand pellets, and same pellets as morning

get them use to eating pellets are more important

Water

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Jan 29, 2007
Houston
Angler;5062869; said:
Brine shrimp doesn't have much nutritional value. Use bloodworms and a quality pellet.
Bloodworms aren't nutritional either. Only thing thats nutritional is a quality pellet. New Life Spectrum is one of the best foods you can get for your fry.

tiddlywinks

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Aug 20, 2009
las vegas
i feed all my fry crushed flakes untill they can eat bigger food such as small pelets and bloodworms.

Angler

Polypterus
MFK Member
May 8, 2007
Colorado
Water;5062955; said:
Bloodworms aren't nutritional either. Only thing thats nutritional is a quality pellet. New Life Spectrum is one of the best foods you can get for your fry.
I wasn't suggesting bloodworms as a staple. I just know that a lot of people suggest bloodworms to pump up little Flowerhorns. I don't think brine shrimp has the same affect.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store