Best game fish to seed in an 8 hectare private lake?

Nate Dogg

Gambusia
MFK Member
Jun 7, 2011
Louisville
Is there a place where "snakehead striata, tilapias, grass carp, breams and gouramis" are all native?
I don't think so. Most people are confused. People think that common carp are native to USA but there not. Most likley thing is happening to this person they have been seeing (insert fish here) since they were young and they think it is a native.

mikko boy

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Sep 8, 2008
Kingsville
Sorry guys for the late reply, im from the Philippines. Our weather is tropical so no fear of winter.

We're seeding less than a hundred cichla temensis this weekend (unless all survive quarantine). Pacus, redtails and monochs are lined up. A seperate pond will be dedicated to feeders such as tilapias and pangasius. Another seperate pond will be seeded with barramundis or mangrove jacks.

The real question is, has any body come across an emperor cichlid for sport fishing? Has anybody know anyone or any article that would give an idea if this monster would be good for game? Thanks

Heres the pic of the lake with my friend catching a channa striata [URL="http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10151174705406893&l=9bf93c170c[/URL]

papawoody

Candiru
MFK Member
Sep 21, 2009
up in here
www.myspace.com
Sorry guys for the late reply, im from the Philippines. Our weather is tropical so no fear of winter.

We're seeding less than a hundred cichla temensis this weekend (unless all survive quarantine). Pacus, redtails and monochs are lined up. A seperate pond will be dedicated to feeders such as tilapias and pangasius. Another seperate pond will be seeded with barramundis or mangrove jacks.

The real question is, has any body come across an emperor cichlid for sport fishing? Has anybody know anyone or any article that would give an idea if this monster would be good for game? Thanks

Heres the pic of the lake with my friend catching a channa striata [URL="http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10151174705406893&l=9bf93c170c[/URL]
the link didn't work . sorry i can't answer your question , but dovii and umbee seem to be popular cichlids for fishing in their native areas

mikko boy

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Sep 8, 2008
Kingsville
546285_10151174705406893_1073904251_n.jpg

this is the picture of the lake, with my friend catching a channa striata on a frog lure.

we will be seeding the first batch of cichla temensis tomorrow. i will be posting some pics again of the project

546285_10151174705406893_1073904251_n.jpg

mikko boy

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Sep 8, 2008
Kingsville
The soon to be Monster Amazon Lake Fishing Resort Project in the Philippines.

the baby monsters at the petshop

whats this? hehehe

the three bars and elongated body distinguishes this peacock specie from the rest

for those who dont know... google Cichla Temensis :!:

Paulo selecting the cream of the crop

the selected bad boys to be transfered to freedom :lol:

DIY fishcage for the protection of the bady boys from bigger predators

the boys ready to be released

JP acclimatizing the precious brood before release

a clear image of the vastness of this 8 hectare private lake

Next in line to be seeded are; Cichla Monocholus, Silver Arownas, Red Tail Catfish and much much more...

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store