BEST MEDIA AVALIABLE!

chopsteeks

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Jun 2, 2013
Denver
After reading all this useful info. I'm gonna order me some seachem matrix for both my fx5. Question is, should i go with the regular seachem matrix or the pond version as the size of the bio-media is bigger?
I will go with the pond version on FX5/6. I am afraid that the non-pond version might have little pieces that will end up in the impeller.

rodger

Polypterus
MFK Member
Apr 29, 2008
Kansas City
I will go with the pond version on FX5/6. I am afraid that the non-pond version might have little pieces that will end up in the impeller.
The pond version has just as many chips in it as regular. I like Matrix, but would never use it in an FX. That would be just as deadly as sand as substrate! I only buy Classic Ehiem now. Better and more reliable.

Dieselhybrid

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Mar 31, 2010
Here
Seachem has a product called denitrate media, made specifically for this purpose. I would use that instead of matrix.

Sent from my SM-N900T using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

Dieselhybrid

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Mar 31, 2010
Here
In low flow setups that is.

Sent from my SM-N900T using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

chopsteeks

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Jun 2, 2013
Denver
The pond version has just as many chips in it as regular. I like Matrix, but would never use it in an FX. That would be just as deadly as sand as substrate! I only buy Classic Ehiem now. Better and more reliable.
hehe...A simple common sense will save $200.00 easy !!

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store