Best Way to Get Aimara Used to Community Life

shookONES

Casper... the not so friendly ghost
MFK Member
Jul 12, 2005
Totowa, NJ
I always told myself I'd get an Aimara wolf when a small one popped up. Well, the time has come and I'll have him in my hands this weekend. Now, unlike the vast majority who keep these guys solo, I plan on adding him to my community tank. Any tips or tricks on the best way to do this?

He's a tiny little guy, so I'm going to keep him by himself for a few weeks until he's eating good and settled before he joins the big boys. In that tank will be giant bichers, some large mahseers, bigger dats, tigrinus, and a few misc monsters.

Reactions: HumanBean

HumanBean

Dovii
MFK Member
Nov 4, 2014
Toronto Ontario, Canada
I always told myself I'd get an Aimara wolf when a small one popped up. Well, the time has come and I'll have him in my hands this weekend. Now, unlike the vast majority who keep these guys solo, I plan on adding him to my community tank. Any tips or tricks on the best way to do this?

He's a tiny little guy, so I'm going to keep him by himself for a few weeks until he's eating good and settled before he joins the big boys. In that tank will be giant bichers, some large mahseers, bigger dats, tigrinus, and a few misc monsters.
How big is the tig ?

krichardson

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jun 19, 2006
Datnoid Island
I think DBJunkie has or had one in a community setting with very few issues.I don't recall seeing too many small aimara for sale,does your source have any more?

krichardson

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jun 19, 2006
Datnoid Island
Tanks a lot!

Thekid

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Sep 18, 2014
Land of corn
The three examples of aimara in community settings i can think of are vincentwugwg vincentwugwg , DB junkie DB junkie and jlnguyen74 jlnguyen74 I think Vince simply added his in and kept an eye out for missing tank mates. Not sure what DB and jlnguyen did though

UnstoppableJayD

MFK NNJ
Staff member
Global Moderator
MFK Member
Jun 6, 2012
Northern NJ

I have read that it is important to hand feed them if you want to keep them in a community....

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store