bgk sleeping all day post 2... 911 please help me figure this out...

Bubbles_n_worms

Black Skirt Tetra
MFK Member
Aug 1, 2015
New hampshire
Since the early morning my 3" BGK fish has been laying on his side, hasn't been enticed by food but he did eat yesterday. I've had him a little over a month and he's done very well. He enjoys being by the filter intake and he swims around it frequently. Yesterday his longfin got quite fringed because of suction. I watch my tank almost all day long so if he did get sucked on to it which happened about three times I knocked him off. Btw this had NEVER happened, and this is his part of the tank.I tried a few different ways to shield him from harm and finally found a way that works,A small plastic cage, one of my sons toys, the holes are too small for him to fit into. Getting to the point he's always been very active especially in the daytime, always in bubbles or swimming around never seen him sleep this long. I have a chopstick that I use to makes the water around him and wake him up. When I do this he gets up he swims for about five seconds and then lays back down again. He is hand fed and has no problem being held. I grabbed him earlier today and took him out of his tube house. Put him by the air stone bubbles , Which he loves to hang upside down in, and he lay straight in the gravel. he's not staying awake for more than a few seconds. His color is fine,and has never shown any signs of illness before. My parameters are on point, and none of my other fish including my 6 inch brown ghost knife fish is healthy as a horse. He always goes to bed at night time he has his own little house that nobody bothers him in and he has his daytime tube that he loves. So I'm not worried about any injury from another fish. Can this sleeping all day being normal or could it have some thing to do with yesterday's filter incident. Should I be worried? And what can I do? Or is he just being weird like they are ....and I no they are nocturnal this is just weird for him he's always up and about.

image.jpg

convict360

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Dec 9, 2013
Scotland
My BGK used to sleep all day as he got older, by the time he was 8; he literally slept constantly until I tapped the glass to feed him lol.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store