Bichir Collecting Photos - Enjoy!

Vancouver_98683

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Dec 29, 2010
Many of these African expeditions are conducted overseas as we all know. This is a prime example. Check out the for sale galleries on these wild caught adults, and hefty price tag. Gives you an idea of the high dollar demand in Japan and China. Not sure, but I believe Dr. B inlcuded this site on a previous thread. Encourage you to browse through them. Absolutely stunning specimens!!!

http://www.leaf-int.ne.jp/product-list/33

Dr.B

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jul 28, 2012
Texas
Yeah that's the place I was going to try and get some of the sp. cotto, but things came up and I had to postpone my search for a way to get them in. I always check that place everyone couple days. I actually have it set to automatically translate on my computer so I know what they're saying.

Polyaddict86

Alligator Gar
MFK Member
May 1, 2016
Yey bay bay
Yeah that's the place I was going to try and get some of the sp. cotto, but things came up and I had to postpone my search for a way to get them in. I always check that place everyone couple days. I actually have it set to automatically translate on my computer so I know what they're saying.
how much they cost to dollars??

Vancouver_98683

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Dec 29, 2010
March, 2011 Aqualife issue/ From Afronatics site:

'From Lake Turkana, caught in the late 80s.The picture of the river is Lake Turkana, and says pretty much the same as i translated from my WC Turkana "Expedi 2008" documents, that the lake has lots of them in, but is near impossible to get to as it is in the "Enemy triangle" rebel stronghold. Local fishermen get shot fishing through by the rebels that control that area.'

Lake turkana 1988.jpg

kno4te

MFK Moderator
Staff member
Global Moderator
MFK Member
Dec 24, 2005
USA
Too bad these fish are in some harsh areas.

Polyaddict86

Alligator Gar
MFK Member
May 1, 2016
Yey bay bay
Many of these African expeditions are conducted overseas as we all know. This is a prime example. Check out the for sale galleries on these wild caught adults, and hefty price tag. Gives you an idea of the high dollar demand in Japan and China. Not sure, but I believe Dr. B inlcuded this site on a previous thread. Encourage you to browse through them. Absolutely stunning specimens!!!

http://www.leaf-int.ne.jp/product-list/33
Just asked my japanes coworker about the price on this polys, he said 24,000 yen its $280, thats the cheapest one.

Reactions: Jafar P Arab
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store