Bichir sand color

mikehagan

Candiru
MFK Member
Oct 17, 2011
Pittsburgh
Yeah but i think your favorite bichir is a palmas palmas so you'd like them on any sand lol. I have to agree the palmas complex and delhezis looks better on black sand because of the green it brings out. Garnet sand doesnt hurt the green though like you said.

Dr.B

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jul 28, 2012
Texas
Yeah, I'd take on black, white, bare, garnet, red as long as their mine haha. However I will admit ever since I got my koliba from Mike the palmas palmas has been threatened as my #1 and now that I have my PBB it looks like the palmas palmas won't be there much longer lol

mikehagan

Candiru
MFK Member
Oct 17, 2011
Pittsburgh
PBB are the king of all bichirs if you ask me. My dabola, pbb, and teugelsi are competing for #1. Or my super green Koliba. Hell, I love them all.

How big is your teug now? If I remember correctly we got ours from Mike in the same batch. Mines pushing 16.5" now.
"

Dr.B

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jul 28, 2012
Texas
PBB are the king of all bichirs if you ask me. My dabola, pbb, and teugelsi are competing for #1. Or my super green Koliba. Hell, I love them all.

How big is your teug now? If I remember correctly we got ours from Mike in the same batch. Mines pushing 16.5" now.
"
I unfortunately lost her in transition from moving and into a larger tank about a year ago. Was one of the lowest moments I've ever felt in my poly career. It still haunts me to talk about it.

mikehagan

Candiru
MFK Member
Oct 17, 2011
Pittsburgh
Mine is particularly suicidal. I have picked her off the ground twice, and the most miraculous was her jumping out of the tank, and landing in the sump. Sorry for your loss.

Dr.B

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jul 28, 2012
Texas
yeah I've had a faranah lap like that. I put her in the QT tank fresh out of the bag (QT tank was a 20L she was 7"-8") I duck taped the whole thing shut. I leave to go clean-up and throw trash away I comeback 5 minutes later and she's gone. Looked all around frantically and out of no where she slithers out from under the tank's stand. I put her back in and duck taped it even more shut. After she was QT and put in my 285 though she hasn't been quit as suicidal.

Rachel.Cody

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Nov 2, 2014
Ohio
yeah I've had a faranah lap like that. I put her in the QT tank fresh out of the bag (QT tank was a 20L she was 7"-8") I duck taped the whole thing shut. I leave to go clean-up and throw trash away I comeback 5 minutes later and she's gone. Looked all around frantically and out of no where she slithers out from under the tank's stand. I put her back in and duck taped it even more shut. After she was QT and put in my 285 though she hasn't been quit as suicidal.
My teugelsi is the same way. I'm always afraid of it making a jump for it. My old tank had a drilled overflow that I didn't use and it tried going out of that multiple times until I blocked it lol.

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store