Bichirs clashing

unknownuza13

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
May 27, 2005
I want to buy either a delhenzi or endli bichir to start growing out for my soon to have monster tank. The only problem is right now I have a senagal and an ornate in a 150 together and the ornate hides in a decoration until its time to eat. A week or two ago I saw why he's always hiding. The senagal bites him as soon as he see's him come out of his decor. I have noticed the royal pleco in there beats on him as well... They are both around 7 inches right now.. the bichirs that is.. Is agression normal amonst this family. I will move the senegal if I have to.

beblondie

In Loving Memory
Mar 31, 2005
chicagoland
WHile they can squabble from time to time,its usually over quick and usually a territorial issue.You seem to have an agressive indiviual been there my old P.
lap claimed his tank and sharing wasn't an option-Anne
OPTIONS
try rearranging the tank,that works in some cases
remove the senegal for a day then reintroduce it
remove all decorations from the tank (this will remove territorial markers)
seperate them

unknownuza13

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
May 27, 2005
i dont know why i just said anne... for some reason i just thought that was your name tho i dont know that ive ever read it.. ha

beblondie

In Loving Memory
Mar 31, 2005
chicagoland
because its my name I sign all my posts -Anne lol -Anne

unknownuza13

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
May 27, 2005
Would you recomend either the endli or delhezi for a monster community tank.. i mean recomend one over the other for any reason.. The tank will probably be in the 300-450 gallon range and the bichirs will be in with pbass and dats

beblondie

In Loving Memory
Mar 31, 2005
chicagoland
Either P.endlicheri endlicheri or P.e.congicus would be ok -Anne

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store