Big guy and little guy

Stanzzzz7

Silver Tier VIP
MFK Member
Sep 26, 2015
Uk
Not all fish capable of growing a Nuchal hump will grow one.I prefer them without one,I find them ugly.

Reactions: ehh

Stanzzzz7

Silver Tier VIP
MFK Member
Sep 26, 2015
Uk
Yeah. I'll be moving in about 12 months so I'll be doing it then.
When I put him in the 75 everyone but one person said it would be a good life long home for him. I should've listened to that one guy.
It amazes me how may people think a 75 is suitable for life with these large cichlids.
At least yours will get an upgrade.

ehh

Blue Tier VIP
MFK Member
Aug 30, 2013
New Mexico
It amazes me how may people think a 75 is suitable for life with these large cichlids.
At least yours will get an upgrade.
I was new to keeping to large American cichlids. Prior to this guy, most of my experience was with haps and aulonocara. But the consensus all over the Internet is that a 75 is a suitable long term home. And here I am three or four years later hating his "little" tank lol.
The next tank I buy will be for him. I feel like in the last six month he gained a fair amount of mass and just dwarfed the 75 gallon.

Atfownz

Piranha
MFK Member
Jan 9, 2006
Here
Not all fish capable of growing a Nuchal hump will grow one.I prefer them without one,I find them ugly.
No kok = low quality devil. Its the perk of having one. I bet there are competition for the smallest kok. This guy will definitely place high.

ehh

Blue Tier VIP
MFK Member
Aug 30, 2013
New Mexico
No kok = low quality devil. Its the perk of having one. I bet there are competition for the smallest kok. This guy will definitely place high.
Lol. Who is this guy?

I just noticed your "troll meets troll" statement.

And be gone, troll!
image.jpeg

Last edited:
Reactions: Wailua Boy

ehh

Blue Tier VIP
MFK Member
Aug 30, 2013
New Mexico
The first picture I ever took of my big guy. Someone had just donated him to us along with five or six of his offspring. He had killed his girlfriend and several of the young.

image.jpeg

axs377

Polypterus
MFK Member
Dec 17, 2006
PA
Probably the only devil that has no kok at all.. whats up with that?
He's not a flowerhorn, so he doesn't have a kok. The correct question is why no nuchal hump? Answer...who knows, who cares?

Wailua Boy

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Jan 2, 2015
Hawaii
I personally don't care for nuchal humps on any species, just my opinion. I just not into the kok, what can I say.

Last edited:
Reactions: Stanzzzz7
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store