big marble cats?

I<3fish

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jul 29, 2008
CALIFORNIA
Mine may not be monster, but their growth rate equals that of a RTC... When small that is. My monster grew from 3" on 2/25/09, and he is now 8-9" on 4/6/09

necrocanis

Catfish God
Staff member
MFK Member
Oct 10, 2005
montana
Sounds about like my guy. There's another one at the lfs I'm trying to talk my friend into getting. I got mine eating whole shrimp now.

I<3fish

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jul 29, 2008
CALIFORNIA
necrocanis;2990932; said:
Sounds about like my guy. There's another one at the lfs I'm trying to talk my friend into getting. I got mine eating whole shrimp now.
Mine loves 2" pieces of tilapia and peacock bass feeders.:irked: Apparently they're tasty. I have lost 3 to him so far and have my other 3 in a grow out tank.

blurock

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Jan 27, 2008
Washington
I can't get mine to eat after I rescued him... they told me he had been eating shrimp pellets and gave me all the food they had since they gave me all their fish and were getting out of the hobby... but I can't get him to eat anything. I've tried pellets of all kinds, silversides, perch fillets, shrimp, and finally broke down and threw some feeders in there (yes they have been Quarantined), wont touch em...
But he seems to be alright still, but I did take my little JD out, incase I wasn't around to shove food at him when he decided to be hungry :grinno:

necrocanis

Catfish God
Staff member
MFK Member
Oct 10, 2005
montana
how much light does your guy get. I've noticed with a steady diet and an hour or so of direct light a day that most species of catfish will darken right up. When I keep the covers on my ponds during the winter my catfish all get really pale until the summer when I remove them again!

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store