Big Umbees ?

that_fish_Guy

Peacock Bass
MFK Member
Jul 29, 2013
CA
I'm tired of seeing everybody say Dovii are better than Umbee's without saying why, and posting lots of pics of Dovii, but never any of big Umbee's.

Let's see some big Umbee's!
Most people own or have owned both if they comment on that topic if which is better or not. Saying one is better and trying to make everyone believe it is narrow minded imo.
To each is own everyone has an opinion and it's perfectly fine for them to have one. I keep both and I seem to like my dovii better that's just my opinion

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

CANAMONSTER

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Dec 5, 2012
Barrie
Very Nice Umbee's guys! Dovii are nice but all look the same when big, I find UMBEE has more variation with looks.

Sorry Trace didn't know you lost that stud.

Love this guy he is a real pet. Unfortunately im getting rid of him, a fellow Member will be the new owner of this guy. Just measured him at 19inch right on.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

uploadfromtaptalk1417311177175.jpg

fwprawn

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Jul 29, 2011
New England
Yes, of course each person has their own opinion (that's a given) - but I'm wondering about the "why."

What's the reason behind your opinion that you like Doviis better?

These Umbess are really great - and I agree about the sentiment that most Doviis' look basically the same. That's part of what I meant by the Umbee's having a "face."

Jag586

Piranha
MFK Member
May 28, 2012
st clair shores
To like one more then the other is your own opinion, and it's ok but it's funny no one gives any reasons some do some say a dovii is more colorful some say a dovii is more in your face but I've heard same for umbee it just seems more dovii lovers out there

I'm on the fence I've never owned a umbee yet and owned a dovii for a couple months then gave it away so I can not say either way

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

trace

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Sep 9, 2009
Hamer Idaho
I've kept both. I love both. But it's no comparison to me. The umbees are typically far more active and there is just something majestic about a big male umbee. They are one of the few fish I've kept that you watch them and they watch back, and you can see the wheels turning. Very intelligent fish. They aren't as hardy as dovii, but to me, they are on a entirely different level.

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store