biggest koi

KILLERKOI

Feeder Fish
Jan 6, 2006
DIRTY JERSEY
www.recdir.com
USMCtanker said:
ya by my old house there is 2 big as koi at about 3' plus in there. they have been in there for 10 or more years. everyone trys to catch them but there way smart. oh its a small lake thats why people see them all the time. im about to get a net and get that thing. maybe some one one here has seen them its a small lake in rancho santa margarita in so cal.
this is what happens to koi that are let go in lakes, these photos are carp though are u sure u guys are'nt seeing one of these or do they have distinct Koi features ???

Don4921

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Dec 9, 2005
Tampa
that is disgusting:WHOA: lose some weight fishy:ROFL: how old are those fish?

NuttyFish

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Apr 22, 2006
Where
Here's one. I don't remember where I got it from but according to the file's name that person/breeder name is Hosokai. Baby koi and grandmother koi together :)

Do you think koi are a lot smaller than it used to due to excessive inbreeding? It is very possible that all koi today comes from only a handful of carp.

It would be breathtaking if a group of modern koi the size of the wild carp like the one in the attachment, swimming in your pond :p

Koi - Hosokai.jpg

k.jpg

KILLERKOI

Feeder Fish
Jan 6, 2006
DIRTY JERSEY
www.recdir.com
NuttyFish said:
Here's one. I don't remember where I got it from but according to the file's name that person/breeder name is Hosokai. Baby koi and grandmother koi together :)

Do you think koi are a lot smaller than it used to due to excessive inbreeding? It is very possible that all koi today comes from only a handful of carp.

It would be breathtaking if a group of modern koi the size of the wild carp like the one in the attachment, swimming in your pond :p
hows it goin nuttyfish for ur question about inbreads that really dosnt happen as much as u think the japanease are extreme perfectionists when it comes to breeding that is a thing that they thrive to prevent they consider it a dishoner and mostly breed with different farms by way of trade now dose it happen though yes but not witht he top end breeders and farmers and as for the carp koi now aday can get as big if released in the wild but they lose all of their color and look just like carp from lack of a good diet they biggest koi dosent always mean the nicest in compatitions:thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Don4921

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Dec 9, 2005
Tampa
KILLERKOI said:
hows it goin nuttyfish for ur question about inbreads that really dosnt happen as much as u think the japanease are extreme perfectionists when it comes to breeding that is a thing that they thrive to prevent they consider it a dishoner and mostly breed with different farms by way of trade now dose it happen though yes but not witht he top end breeders and farmers and as for the carp koi now aday can get as big if released in the wild but they lose all of their color and look just like carp from lack of a good diet they biggest koi dosent always mean the nicest in compatitions:thumbsup: :thumbsup:
ur right again:iagree: how come those koi have such a fat belly?:ROFL: :nutkick: :ROFL:

KILLERKOI

Feeder Fish
Jan 6, 2006
DIRTY JERSEY
www.recdir.com
there is no control on how much they eat ,think of koi like cows they eat,eat,and eat all day and all night if they could they would eat till they burst and then eat their guts:ROFL: but they pass out before that point come its like a natural safty precaution :screwy:

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store