black aro

JayC74

Piranha
MFK Member
Apr 9, 2012
Massachusetts, USA
Then do you think only have two is less likely to work? If so I will just stick with the lei

It is less likely to work with 2 rather than 4. I don't want to sound like a debbie downer, just trying to give some of my experience with multiple aros. Anything is worth a try i suppose when you've been in the game awhile like yourself and have developed common sense on what to do in case of an aro crisis, it makes me say "give it a try". If you were new to the aros and to the hobby, i would be more inclined to not recommend multiple aros and to learn just 1 first..Having said that, i will never go back to multiple aros unless i hit the lottery and can purchase a new home that can fit a 3k gal where the aros would get lost in. Hope all helps in your decision, but remember you learn alot more when you take calculated risks

Charney

The Fish Doctor
Staff member
MFK Member
Nov 15, 2005
Somerville NJ
Then do you think only have two is less likely to work? If so I will just stick with the lei

It is less likely to work with 2 rather than 4. I don't want to sound like a debbie downer, just trying to give some of my experience with multiple aros. Anything is worth a try i suppose when you've been in the game awhile like yourself and have developed common sense on what to do in case of an aro crisis, it makes me say "give it a try". If you were new to the aros and to the hobby, i would be more inclined to not recommend multiple aros and to learn just 1 first..Having said that, i will never go back to multiple aros unless i hit the lottery and can purchase a new home that can fit a 3k gal where the aros would get lost in. Hope all helps in your decision, but remember you learn alot more when you take calculated risks

This my definitely helpful. I definitely need to think hard about this one. The biggest issue would if it didn't work re homing a large black aro, which could be difficult or moving a Lei to a smaller tank. Luckily I have time to mull this all over. My Lei is only 5-6 inches now.

UnstoppableJayD

MFK NNJ
Staff member
Global Moderator
MFK Member
Jun 6, 2012
Northern NJ
This my definitely helpful. I definitely need to think hard about this one. The biggest issue would if it didn't work re homing a large black aro, which could be difficult or moving a Lei to a smaller tank. Luckily I have time to mull this all over. My Lei is only 5-6 inches now.
You sir are in Cancun with your beautiful fiance... stop thinking about fish tanks!!!

JayC74

Piranha
MFK Member
Apr 9, 2012
Massachusetts, USA

Just want to add something more to your question. Kinda rushed for time with my last response and didn't get out what i wanted to...Yes 4 is better than 2 as far as spread out aggression goes (when theres 1 real bully), but it really all comes down to individual personalities with the aros and the distractions you have in the tank for them. Before this group of aros i had a jar with a black along with a few angry veija cichlids and a few dats for a couple years with no major problems whatsoever other than an occasional nip from the jar. I should have kept them, but somebody offered me an 18inch scarlett pleco for trade for the 2 and i couldn't resist. Who knows, i might still have had the 2 today. Not much better for aro lovers imo than to watch 2 or more aros snaking around a tank together! I just simply don't have room for another aro today nor do i want to mess with the chemistry i worked hard to build to try it again now anyways...One thing i thought of that you could possibly try without paying gd money for an established black and then possibly trying to rehome him with all the hassle of getting your money back with an aro that might not look in pristine cosmetic condition at the time, is to look for a cheap silver aro at some point. Maybe even a free one, which some people just give them away. This way if it doesn't work out, you could rehome the silver for real cheap or free and it won't really be a loss. And you will see how tolerant your lei is towards a fellow aro for a possible black in the future...Now get back to your vacation, we'll talk aros later.lol

Charney

The Fish Doctor
Staff member
MFK Member
Nov 15, 2005
Somerville NJ

Just want to add something more to your question. Kinda rushed for time with my last response and didn't get out what i wanted to...Yes 4 is better than 2 as far as spread out aggression goes (when theres 1 real bully), but it really all comes down to individual personalities with the aros and the distractions you have in the tank for them. Before this group of aros i had a jar with a black along with a few angry veija cichlids and a few dats for a couple years with no major problems whatsoever other than an occasional nip from the jar. I should have kept them, but somebody offered me an 18inch scarlett pleco for trade for the 2 and i couldn't resist. Who knows, i might still have had the 2 today. Not much better for aro lovers imo than to watch 2 or more aros snaking around a tank together! I just simply don't have room for another aro today nor do i want to mess with the chemistry i worked hard to build to try it again now anyways...One thing i thought of that you could possibly try without paying gd money for an established black and then possibly trying to rehome him with all the hassle of getting your money back with an aro that might not look in pristine cosmetic condition at the time, is to look for a cheap silver aro at some point. Maybe even a free one, which some people just give them away. This way if it doesn't work out, you could rehome the silver for real cheap or free and it won't really be a loss. And you will see how tolerant your lei is towards a fellow aro for a possible black in the future...Now get back to your vacation, we'll talk aros later.lol
Lol thank you for the follow up info. We will definitely talk later. I guess first thing first will be to see what damage occurred while I was gone when I get back tomorrow.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store