BLACK GARS?

channarox

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Nov 27, 2007
south east asia
Polypterus;2976009; said:
In my opinion $29.95 as that is what most Platyrhincus go for.. But then I'm never really looking for ornamental fish or odd variations. To me really it is just another Florida that might just have a bit darker pattern.. Is it a bit different? Sure it is...

Market will determine the price really.. If someone is really looking for a darker patterned fish then I'm sure someone will pay for it. If I was really in the market for one I would not mind spending up to $200 for a Black Longnosed and maybe $150 for a Platyrhincus of this type.. Depends on how much I would really want it and what for.. This fish could fetch more from someone that is into collectiong things of this sort..
agreed...

likestofish

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Sep 7, 2007
Duluth, GA
Gr8KarmaSF;2975940; said:
3 figures is a pretty wide range B. Care to narrow it down?

Agreed, hence the discussion on what people would be willing to pay....

4ft? :eek: Picture please, otherwise it aint true!!! :D
Sorry no pics availible saw it like 2 years ago and i thought i was going nuts meet another fisherman at the lfs said he saw it to but it wont bite nothin.

likestofish

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Sep 7, 2007
Duluth, GA
OH and another thing that gar pic is from GA but dont know where.

snookn21

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Mar 5, 2008
FT. MYERS FL
www.aquabid.com
Polypterus;2976009; said:
In my opinion $29.95 as that is what most Platyrhincus go for.. But then I'm never really looking for ornamental fish or odd variations. To me really it is just another Florida that might just have a bit darker pattern.. Is it a bit different? Sure it is...

Market will determine the price really.. If someone is really looking for a darker patterned fish then I'm sure someone will pay for it. If I was really in the market for one I would not mind spending up to $200 for a Black Longnosed and maybe $150 for a Platyrhincus of this type.. Depends on how much I would really want it and what for.. This fish could fetch more from someone that is into collectiong things of this sort..
Wow! $29.95 and know one has ever seen one for sale? I was thinking at least 300-500 bills if it stays blk. Expecially when none have been reported for sale. I will do the slime test later today and try to get pics of the slimes color on a Q-tip. If know wants to pay what I want for the fish I will simply keep it for my personal tank. And have something know one else really has. I know its not gold but it is just as rare a golden!

thefishguy7

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Nov 19, 2007
Gr8KarmaSF;2975940; said:
3 figures is a pretty wide range B. Care to narrow it down?
Agreed, hence the discussion on what people would be willing to pay...
Price will vary.
If it turns out only having 1 eye the value will be considerably lower.
Diet and policies if the fish turns back to normal etc. will also affect the price.
Mid 3 digits..imo We'll see how the auction plays out:naughty:

thefishguy7

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Nov 19, 2007
snookn21;2978493; said:
Im glad your happy with them. will you be interested in the longnose, shortnose, or alligators? We should have them anyweek, and enough to go around for everyone. Let me know
I'm interested in them John:D

snookn21

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Mar 5, 2008
FT. MYERS FL
www.aquabid.com
thefishguy7;2978497; said:
Price will vary.
If it turns out only having 1 eye the value will be considerably lower.
Diet and policies if the fish turns back to normal etc. will also affect the price.
Mid 3 digits..imo We'll see how the auction plays out:naughty:
If the fish turns back to normal I wont even sell it because of the bad eye. We dont like selling fish like that, but if it is a blk gar, thats different. I will start the bid at $150.00 with no reserve and let you guys bid on it. I will keep my eye out for odd patterned and nicer looking gars for you guys here on mfk! Thanks for all intrests!

thefishguy7

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Nov 19, 2007
snookn21;2978527; said:
If the fish turns back to normal I wont even sell it because of the bad eye. We dont like selling fish like that, but if it is a blk gar, thats different. I will start the bid at $150.00 with no reserve and let you guys bid on it. I will keep my eye out for odd patterned and nicer looking gars for you guys here on mfk! Thanks for all intrests!
A fish may be black in your tank, than return to normal in anothers. You never know...
So it definitely has 1 bad eye??

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store