black ghost knife

throbulator

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Jul 30, 2009
California
After reading this I really want a bgk now to go with my senegal bichir and leopard ctenopoma. Think a 3" one would outgrow a 1" leopard ctenopoma quick enough to eat it?

Freshwater Tim

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Aug 16, 2009
Surrey,B.C. Canada
My BGK (7") is tolerant of all the bottom dwellers...2 clown loaches. 3 common plecos and 2 small irridescent sharks. My 7" Aro pays no attention to him when he comes out. The big Bala Sharks like him....let him come right up to them and he almost looks like a cleaner wrass......Bala sits very still as the BGK goes all over him. When I vacuum up the tank he always tries to go into the clear plastic tube at the end of the python!!:screwy:.
The only time he shows any aggression is when anyone goes into "his house" which happens to be a large piece of real estate under a big root.

Great fish, you will enjoy him.....or her!!

Savier808

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Aug 28, 2009
San Diego, CA
I'm starting a new 60g tank, all juveniles, with a BGK, 2 senegal bichirs and possibly a geophagus or jack dempsey, or BOTH!

I know the BGK will probably (not guaranteed) be ok with bichirs...

But will the BGK be ok with a cichlid or two?

dark_knights_99

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Nov 20, 2006
Philippines
Savier808;3421099; said:
I'm starting a new 60g tank, all juveniles, with a BGK, 2 senegal bichirs and possibly a geophagus or jack dempsey, or BOTH!

the bichirs will be ok with them, just get a smaller bichir species (senegal maybe) not sure bout the cichlids that you mentioned.

sbuse

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jul 1, 2009
IN YOUR HEAD
Savier808;3421099; said:

i have 2 bgks in an african mix tank they should be good with cichlids as long as one can't eat the other...

Silk

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Feb 14, 2009
Fresno, California
I have 2 black goasts 11" and 12". They are in a 65 gal. I have two goast houses for them and they have been living together for 3 years. I even feed them nls!!!

SNC15281.JPG

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store