Black Ghost Knife

Ihsnshaik

Giant Snakehead
MFK Member
Aug 20, 2015
Windy CIty
I have owned a BGK in about a decade and have some questions. I know they are nocturnal but my BGK always is hiding in my driftwood. I always catch it in the same spot moving around...He won't come out to eat or anything. Previous owner gave me it when I bought some other fish from him because all he did in his tank was also just hide.

He hasn't eaten in a few days. Will he come out at night and try to grab some leftovers in the sand and what not? Concerned about him because hes 6" and not leaving his little space. lol

Angelphish

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Dec 13, 2015
Georgia
I have owned a BGK in about a decade and have some questions. I know they are nocturnal but my BGK always is hiding in my driftwood. I always catch it in the same spot moving around...He won't come out to eat or anything. Previous owner gave me it when I bought some other fish from him because all he did in his tank was also just hide.

He hasn't eaten in a few days. Will he come out at night and try to grab some leftovers in the sand and what not? Concerned about him because hes 6" and not leaving his little space. lol
Did you try staying up until about 2am? That's when my peacock eel comes out.

Angelphish

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Dec 13, 2015
Georgia
No I have not And don't plan on it haha
For me it was more of an accident. I woke up and could help but to admire my aquarium - "Oh look there's the eel! I better treasure this fifteen minutes while it lasts..."

Ihsnshaik

Giant Snakehead
MFK Member
Aug 20, 2015
Windy CIty
For me it was more of an accident. I woke up and could help but to admire my aquarium - "Oh look there's the eel! I better treasure this fifteen minutes while it lasts..."
I'm worried about his health I can't see him eating and my fish eat it all but at times some get away and break down.

They weren't kidding when they named it Ghost fish never see it lol

Angelphish

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Dec 13, 2015
Georgia
I'm worried about his health I can't see him eating and my fish eat it all but at times some get away and break down.

They weren't kidding when they named it Ghost fish never see it lol
I understand you. I haven't even seen my eel in the past five days. The eel hasn't even eaten (to my knowledge) since I've gotten it. Try putting food into something that the knife can fit into but others can't.

pops

Alligator Gar
MFK Member
Nov 24, 2013
WA
mine only comes out at night, he is around 3 years old about 12" so I know he is eating, he will come out and eat super krill once in awhile during the day but not often.

Angelphish

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Dec 13, 2015
Georgia
mine only comes out at night, he is around 3 years old about 12" so I know he is eating, he will come out and eat super krill once in awhile during the day but not often.
That's why I plan on getting an African knife...

Ihsnshaik

Giant Snakehead
MFK Member
Aug 20, 2015
Windy CIty
Oh okay I got rays that as well as loaches so the food will disappear quick. I got him for free but I might just sell him now. I like viewing my fish and he's always hiding lol

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store