black painted back ground on my 240 just got done check out the pics and article

JonF

Candiru
MFK Member
Jul 2, 2007
Waterloo, Ontario
fish head )'>;997722; said:
I painted mine with flat black latex with a brush. 4 quick coats. easy no mess, looks flawless.
I apllied flat black with a bursh as well.. I think I may have used oil-based flat though to make it less succeptable to moisture.

craigthor

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jan 30, 2007
IA
I just got done rolling mine with 5 coats of Rustoleum Gloss Black Oil based paint, looks great wish I would have done it sooner.

Craig

Dr Joe

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Mar 8, 2006
Sixty Miles South of Tampa Florida
fish head )'> said "I read Krylon Fusion somewhere. But don't quote me on it."

Sorry, I couldn't resist :grinno: :screwy:

fish head )'>

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Mar 18, 2006
S.E. Michigan
Yeah, who wants to have paint thinner cleanup and oil based fumes in a new world of technology where water based paints are so much stronger than latex paints of the past? Well.......
maybe in a small room with no ventilation.:evil_lol: :hypnotize

bigcichntwisted

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
May 28, 2007
EAC Dude
Great job, looks great, thanks for sharing!! BTW, is that a GlassCages tank? Do you mind sharing who the manf. is, who ever it is & what would you say it weighed, more importantly, how many bodies did it take to move, LOL? What do you have in mind for it's occupants & last ? promise, lol, what sub. are you thinking of or are you going BB?
Thanks again!!! :):):)

Wolf3101

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Apr 26, 2007
Arizona
My favorite trick is to buy a piece of 1/16 or 1/8 plexi and then paint what ever pattern I want on it rather than the tank itself. Makes a VERY nice looking backing that's simple to change when the mood strikes you. You can also mask off certian parts of it Paint it a solid color and then...after removing the masking...paint the other side with a transpairant color for a neon effect when backlit.

skillzizzo

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Feb 18, 2007
Mesa - Arizona
QueenslandeR;994026;994026 said:
that looks great i just got my 180g on saturday and am in 2 states of mind on what i should do to cover the back... i was thinking either paint it or maybe use contacted black card. did you use any specific type of paint on the glass (like acrylic) so it could be removed easily if required?
ha ha ha ha ha ha nope i used the cheapest gloss black i could find 99 cents a can

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store