Black piranha identification please help.

Brock11

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Dec 21, 2015
I bought him big but I had a blue Diamond I got at 4" and had him to 11" in under 2 years. Sold him to a P Fury member Blue flame. I still regret selling him he was in a 180 all by himself and was super active. I don't keep any P's anymore just a Hoplias Australis and a Ocellaris bass. About 5 years ago I had 15 tanks up and every tank had P's in it.
That's nuts. But sweet. Where they all different? I really want an Elongatus but cannot find k e for the life of me.

Brock11

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Dec 21, 2015
The pet shop still has this rhom. I think I could get it for about $100 dollars. Is it worth that? It looks pretty healthy. I was thinking about trading in my wolf fish. It's awesome when it feeds but just sits in its cave all day long and never comes out anymore. What if I took his hiding place away?

S4Detroit

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jan 8, 2015
Detroit,Mi
The pet shop still has this rhom. I think I could get it for about $100 dollars. Is it worth that? It looks pretty healthy. I was thinking about trading in my wolf fish. It's awesome when it feeds but just sits in its cave all day long and never comes out anymore. What if I took his hiding place away?
Most Wolfs just chill during the day and hunt at night. I have a 12" Hoplias Australis that has no hiding spots but just chills in the corner and soaks up the sun all day long. Hoping as he gets older he will start to swim around more but I have other fish in the tank to add more activity. Have Cory cats, belly crawler pike, spotted cat,big craw fish and giant danios all in the tank with him.IMG_20160108_171512200.jpg

Brock11

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Dec 21, 2015
Most Wolfs just chill during the day and hunt at night. I have a 12" Hoplias Australis that has no hiding spots but just chills in the corner and soaks up the sun all day long. Hoping as he gets older he will start to swim around more but I have other fish in the tank to add more activity. Have Cory cats, belly crawler pike, spotted cat,big craw fish and giant danios all in the tank with him.View attachment 1163703
What size tank is it in? Is it still growing?

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store