black spot disease?? Blood parrot!

Paintsn

Candiru
MFK Member
Jan 25, 2006
LoNg BeAcH, cA.
thats just a fadin process bro.. just like all fading hybrid..no worrys but if it is a fungus then thats different.. in my parrot when she get them black spots on belly or tail.. then whe is ready to spawn

Dan1

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Oct 13, 2005
COLUMBUS,OHIO
Paintsn said:
thats just a fadin process bro.. just like all fading hybrid..no worrys but if it is a fungus then thats different.. in my parrot when she get them black spots on belly or tail.. then whe is ready to spawn
I agree with Paintsn the spots are normal. My fading fish get them from time to time but they always go away and they are brighter colored after :)

ccdoido38

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Dec 30, 2007
s
twk1;198301; said:
The black spots that your parrots develop are harmless and will not kill them. Don't know why but It seems like only parrots develop the blacks spots. Other species that are in the same tank will not get it. The black spot comes and goes, but i've only seen it in juvenile parrots around 3-4", i haven't seen an adult parrot with the spots.
I don't think you're correct...

i bought a parrot that had black coloration thinking it was a cool pattern on a 4" parrot and later found out it was black spot disease. he died 5days later...
and then i got a new parrot to replace the dead one and 5days later the healthy orange parrot is starting to get this black coloration on him.....i think the one that died left some of his disease and my new parrot caught it...
how do i cure it:?

fishfreak317

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Apr 30, 2006
Columbus, Ohio
flowerhorncraze.com
the link provided:

The black streaks are common with parrots. Several things can cause it. First of all, check your ammonia & nitrite levels. I have found the parrots are a first indicator of water parameters being off. If the ammonia/nitrite is raised do a water change immediately and siphon off any debris.

If its not the water, then you can watch the parrot a few days & see if the spots disappear or treat with medicine. I spoke with a guy at the Tetra company who said it is called black spot disease & is thought to be a parasite. Only parrots get it and he recommended using Maracide. I have used Maracide which cleared it up but takes over a week. I have also used Malachite Green to cure it & also done nothing & it went away. I've also heard Jungle's Parasite Guard works on it. I usually don't treat it unless it starts covering a lot of their body.

Someone here also told me the streaks will show up if the parrots is in the mood to mate. I have found that is true. Both my male & female parrots get streaks on the pelvic fins when they are preparing to nest. But since your parrot has a spot on its nose then it sounds more like the parasite. With my parrots, the black spots show on fins first, then the nose & face, then on their hump.

I hope this helps and is not too confusing. It's just no one quite understands the black spots, but it is a problem for parrots & shows up for diff reasons.
ppl can speculate on what this is. i have had them have black blotches, however in my experiences it means to me "waterchange". i have never treated this as a parasite. nor have i lost any fish to it. gl with your's hope this helps some, thanx guppy for the link :D

twk1

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Oct 17, 2005
Home
ccdoido38;1382077; said:
I don't think you're correct...

i bought a parrot that had black coloration thinking it was a cool pattern on a 4" parrot and later found out it was black spot disease. he died 5days later...
and then i got a new parrot to replace the dead one and 5days later the healthy orange parrot is starting to get this black coloration on him.....i think the one that died left some of his disease and my new parrot caught it...
how do i cure it:?
Well.. i think that something might be wrong with your water... cause 5 days ago i just got some parrots from a lfs that had a few black spots... and now they are almost completely gone.. and swimming around happily!

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store