Not open for further replies.

frasertheking

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Feb 17, 2007
scotland
looks good
get pics of the tank when its done .

good luck make sure yu keep us updated as he growns .

do you think you will have problems with the electro-magnetic fields .
could you put the pumps ,heater ect in a diffrent room .

pirarucu319

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jan 12, 2007
pahang
blacktip;1189221; said:
Some of you people crack me up...you are flaming on this guy for keeping a shark that will probably top out at 4ft in a 10,000 gallon round tank, but you don't flame johnptc for keeping his 3 arapaimas in a 10,000 gallon tank. Wierd.

I agree that he probably should have waited until the 10,000 gallon tank was ready before purchasing the shark, but I don't know all of the circumstances behind the purchase so it would be premature of me to jump to conclusions and start flaming this guy. Based on the pictures, it looks like the shark is still in good shape so we should applaud this guy for going above and beyond what most hobbyists would do for this shark.

By the way, cool shark, my favorite fish of all. And yes, I'm jealous.

actually johnptc kept Sam and SOS in 10k gal..DOS in other tank.
stick to your plan..if shark f/grows just 4ft, not a problem since pima can grow to 10 ft and johnptc kept him in 10K gal..well keep update and good luck.:headbang2

craig

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jul 2, 2005
LONG ISLAND NY
Two Blacktip Sharks $1500.00. It's hard to beat that price. He has alot of strange pets. Tucan,Cappucin, Snakes, Fish.

Picture 654.jpg

Picture 645.jpg

Picture 582.jpg

Picture or Video 063.jpg

Picture or Video 049.jpg

Fish_are_fishfood

Sea Robin
MFK Member
Aug 21, 2005
MA
I want that tucan!!!! :D

amehel0

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Apr 3, 2007
Brisbane, Australia
blacktip;1189221; said:
Some of you people crack me up...you are flaming on this guy for keeping a shark that will probably top out at 4ft in a 10,000 gallon round tank, but you don't flame johnptc for keeping his 3 arapaimas in a 10,000 gallon tank. Wierd.

I agree that he probably should have waited until the 10,000 gallon tank was ready before purchasing the shark, but I don't know all of the circumstances behind the purchase so it would be premature of me to jump to conclusions and start flaming this guy. Based on the pictures, it looks like the shark is still in good shape so we should applaud this guy for going above and beyond what most hobbyists would do for this shark.

By the way, cool shark, my favorite fish of all. And yes, I'm jealous.

have you forgottoen that saltwater fish need roughly 4x the volume of water that a freshwater fish doe and if he did keep it in a 50000 gallon he could add more fish to it. but for the shark to swim well h needs 50000gal an also john ptc does keep 3 freshwater labarynths in a 10000 gallon but he just upgrade and will continue to do so when they outgrow the crrent 10000 gallon tank

sweeTang21

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Mar 10, 2007
Wisconsin
so im quite excited for you. a black tip shark is my ultimate goal and i will probable never reach it. please keep us posted and of course we all love pics, so keep them coming as well.

oh and we do need to hear the type of filtration being used on the 10k

Status
Not open for further replies.
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store