Blood Parrot growing hump?

Ihsnshaik

Giant Snakehead
MFK Member
Aug 20, 2015
Windy CIty
yes it really made the fish less pale. I would suggest getting a mammon parrot but they cost a little bit high that the bp's. I think it's 7"+ right now. It's been with me for almost 2 years
That's a good size. Any pictures zoomed out?
Yeah for now I'm just browsing there is someone local selling one but no hump or anything.
I have a large flowerhorn just like the one in the picture below and would love to get a King Kong.
http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_YgpfIIn7X4I/S644b9792MI/AAAAAAAAAZc/tm5H8sW-6F8/s640/DSC01326.jpg

Reactions: maybachmusic

Aquatic Aggression

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Nov 1, 2011
The one with a hump is a female and she filling with eggs, mine gets a big head boost right before spawning every time.
Of course they are faders... they are BP and they are already faded.

Ihsnshaik

Giant Snakehead
MFK Member
Aug 20, 2015
Windy CIty
The one with a hump is a female and she filling with eggs, mine gets a big head boost right before spawning every time.
Of course they are faders... they are BP and they are already faded.
Not all are albino white like his most are orange and the picture is the same fish op stated

Aquatic Aggression

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Nov 1, 2011
It's not albino white haha. Albinos are born albino. This fish is white in the pics because it is not getting enough light. If you keep a fader in the dark they will be totally white.

~T~

Piranha
MFK Member
Dec 18, 2006
Hanoi, Vietnam
It's not albino white haha. Albinos are born albino. This fish is white in the pics because it is not getting enough light. If you keep a fader in the dark they will be totally white.
Not to mention, albinos have red eyes. I've never seen an albino parrot or any amphilophus/vieja for that matter.

Death03

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Feb 1, 2014
Philippines
you said that my fish is not getting enough light. How can I make the fish less pale? I've been keeping the lights on for 5-6 hrs a day.

Aquatic Aggression

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Nov 1, 2011
For best color direct sunlight is the best but that's not always possible in an aquarium. Give it 8 hours of lights on. You can usually see like in the morning right when you turn the light on they will have a light color and they color up as the morning progresses. If they aren't stressed that is. Substrate plays a key part in bringing out their color as well. I have found with faders the "natural" shade of pebbles (spectra stone etc) brings out the best color not too dark not too light. Try a few different routines with the light schedule and you should work something out to improve color

Reactions: jjohnwm

Aquatic Aggression

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Nov 1, 2011
If you are rocking a bare bottom tank get some colored paper or tank background underneath the bottom glass. Bare bottom can stress some fish.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store