Blood red parrot cichlid picking on Oscar.. :\

NeonFlux

Candiru
MFK Member
Mar 11, 2010
Los Angeles
Damn.. I've got this 9 inch blood red parrot that's about 10 years old now, and CRAP! He's picking on my 10 inch oscar cichlid that's 1 year and 6 months old.. I didn't know BPR's were that vicious, persistent, and relentless. Holy crap, I mean the constant ramming up to my oscar.. They are so social with me, I've always enjoyed the BRP's prsence, but dang, he's aggressive against the oscar. So yeah today he decided to bother the #$&@ outta my oscar randomly.. like what the hell man. Friggin' cichlids.. :\ Other days they were neutral, and cool at times but now it's just ugly these couple of days. I just did a water change.. I wonder if that affected the BRP? My oscar's gotten some of his fins torn a bit.. :\ ..SUCKS.

What should I do?!

convict360

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Dec 9, 2013
Scotland
Damn.. I've got this 9 inch blood red parrot that's about 10 years old now, and CRAP! He's picking on my 10 inch oscar cichlid that's 1 year and 6 months old.. I didn't know BPR's were that vicious, persistent, and relentless. Holy crap, I mean the constant ramming up to my oscar.. They are so social with me, I've always enjoyed the BRP's prsence, but dang, he's aggressive against the oscar. So yeah today he decided to bother the #$&@ outta my oscar randomly.. like what the hell man. Friggin' cichlids.. :\ Other days they were neutral, and cool at times but now it's just ugly these couple of days. I just did a water change.. I wonder if that affected the BRP? My oscar's gotten some of his fins torn a bit.. :\ ..SUCKS.

What should I do?!
Tank size?

Either upgrade, or reset territories; or separate.

Skalper666

Dovii
MFK Member
Sep 13, 2009
NS, Canada
Yeah parrot fish can be annoying. It's like a red devil.. with a deformed mouth. Can't do any serious damage... usually.

convict360

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Dec 9, 2013
Scotland
Got pics of the parrot? The old huge ones are awesome. Mine is about 2 years old, only 4/5 inches or so!

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store