Blue Botia loach with polypterus?

anzo1993

Peacock Bass
MFK Member
Jun 25, 2016
Canada
Hello, I have a friend who’s getting rid of a polypterus delhezi about 4 inches and I was wondering if I could add him to my 180 gallon tank that has a few blood parrots and a shortbody Texas and a few blue Botia loaches? The loaches don’t seem to be aggressive but considering there the only other bottom feeders in the tank I’m wondering if they’ll fight with the new polypterus delhezi ?

tlindsey

Silver Tier VIP
MFK Member
Aug 6, 2011
Ohio
Hello, I have a friend who’s getting rid of a polypterus delhezi about 4 inches and I was wondering if I could add him to my 180 gallon tank that has a few blood parrots and a shortbody Texas and a few blue Botia loaches? The loaches don’t seem to be aggressive but considering there the only other bottom feeders in the tank I’m wondering if they’ll fight with the new polypterus delhezi ?
Tbh I would worry about the cichlids but in that size aquarium the Delhezi may be fine.

SilverArowanaBoi

Peacock Bass
MFK Member
Sep 21, 2023
Houston, Texas
Perhaps short term, but I don't believe Blue Botias get very large in the long run, so they would become food for the bichir.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store