MFK Member
Mar 1, 2011
Canton Ohio

piggy67

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Oct 31, 2007
Michigan
Looks to be P.alleni and will eat anything. I feed mine shrimp pellets and algae waffers...they will sift through the substrate for food as well. It may be a target for the tankmates when it molts,be sure to add lots of hiding places...

phillydog1958

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
They are cool, but I've lost the 2 that I have had. They always seem to get eaten. I fed mine any bottom feeder pellet , to include shrimp, algae, etc . . . Mine also foraged for leftovers.

Garrett.turbo

Gambusia
MFK Member
Mar 1, 2011
Canton Ohio
okay cool thanks, my fish are still small yet, smaller than the cray so I dont need to worry right now I dont think and thanks for the info

Crunchy

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Apr 28, 2011
Madison, WI
Yeah, I had one with some small barbs.

The thing is , when they shed, they are super vulnerable for a while until their new shell hardens. AND they smell extremely tasty to all the fishies.

He shed the first time just fine. Not a single problem.
The second time, he was just too good to pass by. They ate all his legs off before he could move. He definitely died before he even had a chance.

So I second the motion for tons of hiding places. And I hope she is smart when she chooses a place to shed.

Garrett.turbo

Gambusia
MFK Member
Mar 1, 2011
Canton Ohio
ahh I see, hmm well currently shes hiding in a rock structure which she can barely fit so I think shes safe, and ideas on anything else I can try to fit into the tank? I cant try to put a couple bigger clay pots in and see if shell hide in there

deeda

Silver Tier VIP
MFK Member
Mar 26, 2008
Medina, Ohio
You will need to offer hiding places the cray can fit into and the other fish cannot.

Garrett.turbo

Gambusia
MFK Member
Mar 1, 2011
Canton Ohio
any cheap ideas anyone can think of for hiding places, because I dont no how to make something a fish cant get into lol,

torval

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Apr 3, 2011
united states
go to lowes or a hardware store and buy a couple pieces of pvc pipe, either elbows, connectors, or short pieces of pipe. you can get several elbows or connectors, or a short piece of piping for under 5 bucks and my local lowes cut mine for me for free. just drop it in. not the prettiest but works very well and cheap.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store