Jun 3, 2012
Texas
I would say he's closer to a white tiger than a blue dragon

Sent from my SM-T210R using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

Aquatic Aggression

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Nov 1, 2011
It doesn't really matter because anyone can apparently rename and call their fish anything they want. "My zz cross looks alot like one of these dead strain fish, I'm going to call it that". "I bred my silk to a red dragon and made kml".

The flowerhorn game has certainly changed. Kamfa X kml is kamfamalu. Kml had neither kamfa or Zz blood. There was a kml revival awhile back that did use zz blood. Bred by thai breeders. A pearly zz isn't automatically a kml. No matter what you seen on aquabid.

rodger

Polypterus
MFK Member
Apr 29, 2008
Kansas City
They are all mutants

Sent from my SCH-S960L using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

tungtruong4

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Nov 5, 2013
United State
why?

--------------------------
this is my first FH I mentioned. A BD. Got him at 4" in 2006 there werent many pimped up FHs nor KKs nor Silks and many others like today..

His clear outlined flower spots at head sides r unmatched since he existed. He is all glossed up; When the sun hit him in the bag, OMG! it is sick and something you must see in person. I fell in love. Green, purple, blue, + shine coat . OMG!!! :drool:
[video=youtube;ToemOAVXkOs]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ToemOAVXkOs&list=UUIqnQGkflYkfjnFxMY4FR8A[/video]
wow. I have his video
This is the thing I'm talking about btw.

gamerpond1

Gambusia
MFK Member
Jun 3, 2012
Texas
It doesn't really matter because anyone can apparently rename and call their fish anything they want. "My zz cross looks alot like one of these dead strain fish, I'm going to call it that". "I bred my silk to a red dragon and made kml".

The flowerhorn game has certainly changed. Kamfa X kml is kamfamalu. Kml had neither kamfa or Zz blood. There was a kml revival awhile back that did use zz blood. Bred by thai breeders. A pearly zz isn't automatically a kml. No matter what you seen on aquabid.
How has it changed its always been like that if you make something new you get to name it same as anything else designer bred you really need to get this through your head man besides kamfa and zz aren't so different just bred for different characteristics tell us what kml have in their genetic ancestry if your so certain cause you deny everything writen on the subject of flowerhorn strains with no proof to back up your doubts what did they all just poof tada on the market one after the other wheres this family tree of mystery you apparently have locked up

Aquatic Aggression

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Nov 1, 2011
You are right. If you create a strain you get to name it. So stop calling your fish a breed of someone else's strain if it doesn't even have any of that strains blood in it. Also if 2 fish don't breed true it's not a strain. It has always been that way. I have been doing the flowerhorn thing for a long time and despite your already overwhelming regurgitation of Internet flowerhorn "knowledge" (still without punctuation), I urge you to do a little more research.
And kamfa are very much different than zz. And a really pearly zz is not a kml, heavy pearls were actually the big improvement that zz brought to the table.

gamerpond1

Gambusia
MFK Member
Jun 3, 2012
Texas
But i wasn't the first to do it like this now if i throw another species in there then i will call it something else unless i run across the same combination i decide to use that has a name already there's new school and old school kml as far as i know the last batch of original kml were sold in 2001 320 fry were sold only 12 survived rest were culled and since then other breeders have been giving it their best shot but even the original kml had different types of strains ranging from feders to unfaded with red with blue metallic pearls flowerlines most common but there were also flowerless strains as well just tell me what do you see when image searching kamalau am i so wrong to call it what it looks like or would it be wrong to call it something else

Aquatic Aggression

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Nov 1, 2011
Like the fish in question here. Look at the face and cheeks. It's obviously got silk in it. Silk are from zz. Everything on this fish looks zz. So call it a Zz cross because that's what it is. Actual strains are supposed to have conformation to a type, and that's what they are judged against to determine the quality of an individual fish from a specific strain. It's pretty easy to understand. Nothing wrong with crossing 2 different strains to get something cool and outcross for genetic diversity, but it takes alot of breeding to fix traits into a strain.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store