Blue German Ram eggs

mcsnapper1

Gambusia
MFK Member
May 26, 2010
Nor Cal
I brought home 3 female German rams today(one is a balloon) with hopes that at least one of them would pair up with one of my males. Well, I certainly didn't expect it to happen so fast. One of the females paired up and laid eggs within 6 hrs. of being brought home from the FS. There is annother 2 that look to be pairing up. I'm not expecting much since this is their first batch, but we'll see. I'll post photos later after my camera is done charging.

mcsnapper1

Gambusia
MFK Member
May 26, 2010
Nor Cal
Here are some photos. If anyone has had success breeding these guys, any tips would be greatly appreciated.

100_0381.JPG

100_0382.JPG

100_0383.JPG

100_0387.JPG

100_0391.JPG

Caoboy

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
May 27, 2008
Modesto CA
Did your eggs ever hatch? I'm assuming no since there have been no posts... have you tried putting in a flat stone or something for them to lay their eggs on?

mcsnapper1

Gambusia
MFK Member
May 26, 2010
Nor Cal
Caoboy;4889402; said:
Did your eggs ever hatch? I'm assuming no since there have been no posts... have you tried putting in a flat stone or something for them to lay their eggs on?
No. They had one more batch which lasted 3 days, and then they ate them. I didn't have a chance to find out if they would ever be successful because something ripped through my tank and killed 90% of the fish in that tank, so I broke it down and might try again later. I have read that Rams aren't very good parents and they should be separated from the eggs after fertilization.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store