Blue Ram - Prevent the eggs to turn white

boang3000

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Mar 20, 2012
Philippines
Hi folks,

i have a German Blue Rams pair and breed last week. A lot of eggs are in the stones attached and well protected by the parents but after a day most of the eggs turned to white and by the next day only few eggs left. How to prevent the eggs to turn white or how to make them successfully hatched? :cry:

My new tank is in 15 gallons and a setup of rocks + planted combination with 3 angel fish and neon tetras.

Thanks all!

Woefulrelic

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Dec 7, 2013
NJ
so i dont have to do anything like getting the stone that has eggs in it?
The eggs are just unfertilized. The male should be more effective as he grows and gets practice at it but it will inevitably happen every spawn. The parents should eat these eggs before they can grow fungus so it's not an issue generally. The only reason to pull the stone out would be to maximize the survival of the fry. The parents should defend the fry, but the angels could probably muscle in and new parents are known to make mistakes.

Unless you have a tank set up with a sponge filter you could probably just leave the rock in there. If you do have another tank you could pull the rock out, generally speaking it should improve the wait period between spawnings. I.e the parents should spawn more frequently.

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

boang3000

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Mar 20, 2012
Philippines
The eggs are just unfertilized. The male should be more effective as he grows and gets practice at it but it will inevitably happen every spawn. The parents should eat these eggs before they can grow fungus so it's not an issue generally. The only reason to pull the stone out would be to maximize the survival of the fry. The parents should defend the fry, but the angels could probably muscle in and new parents are known to make mistakes.

Unless you have a tank set up with a sponge filter you could probably just leave the rock in there. If you do have another tank you could pull the rock out, generally speaking it should improve the wait period between spawnings. I.e the parents should spawn more frequently.

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app
a big thanks mate. i dont have extra tank for the eggs or fry, i'll just let the parents take care there eggs.

I dont think the angels could muscle in because of the setup and the plants. The rams are like covered with rocks and plants, they are like protected by the plants heheh.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store