Bold Craigslist Seller!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Countryboy

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jun 23, 2012
Central NY
i thought you had to have a special permit to own Arowana in US.

JteSchertz

Candiru
MFK Member
Dec 3, 2010
Texas
Asian Arowanas are illegal in the US regardless of any permits you hold. Other arowanas can be purchased at your LFS or through online vendors (i.e. black, silver)

Fat Homer

Mmmmm... Doughnuts
Staff member
MFK Member
Mar 16, 2009
----
I smell a scam or a bait and bust type deal by the feds...

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

Adamrhh

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Jul 6, 2010
Ohio
www.theratpub.com
I highly doubt its a bust ... more people have them in the US then this site acknowledges. Posting a fish on Craigslist is not how they would work at all.. since how can they prove I knew it was illegal? I'm just an innocent person who saw a sweet looking fish that was for sale .... even at best you would get a fine its not prison time... but still none the less feds typically show up not sell since fish isn't cocaine not everyone honestly know there illegal I know some fish keepers of oscars etc that I've heard say oh wow I never knew they were illegal in the US really?

twilight zone

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Feb 12, 2011
somewhere in the zone
I notice in recent years the public aquariums don't have Asian arowanas anymore. Does anyone notice that or is it only me? They may want to NOT exhibit them to encourage demand for the fish. What's your experience?

Mount_Prion

Piranha
MFK Member
Jan 31, 2012
center of the universe
I didn't know they where illegal. Heck just about every Chinese restaurant. Has one.
No they don't. They might have jardinis or something but not Asians. No matter how un-americanized you are, you can't display them publicly. The feds WILL shut you down.

Status
Not open for further replies.
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store