Bonnethead Shark Supplier

Nigel3589

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Dec 23, 2022
Does anyone have a reliable source for Bonnethead sharks? I'd like to get some pricing information for a future project.

The only dealer I've found is Dynasty Marine, but their prices are very high. They sell adult bonnets for $5700 plus freight (which is also ridiculously expensive) from the Florida Keys. They also sell 10" pups for around $1000 plus freight, but I'd rather not buy pups.

SharkSupply.com doesn't respond to emails or phone calls (at least, they haven't yet) so I'm assuming they're not selling or they went out of business. I had heard bad things about them anyway...

If someone happens to know of a licensed dealer that I could contact, please let me know.

Reactions: SilverArowanaBoi

fishhead0103666

Alligator Gar
MFK Member
May 14, 2018
youtu.be
To bad Zoodiver Zoodiver is not still active, he could give you a good answer

SilverArowanaBoi

Peacock Bass
MFK Member
Sep 21, 2023
Houston, Texas
Does anyone have a reliable source for Bonnethead sharks? I'd like to get some pricing information for a future project.

The only dealer I've found is Dynasty Marine, but their prices are very high. They sell adult bonnets for $5700 plus freight (which is also ridiculously expensive) from the Florida Keys. They also sell 10" pups for around $1000 plus freight, but I'd rather not buy pups.

SharkSupply.com doesn't respond to emails or phone calls (at least, they haven't yet) so I'm assuming they're not selling or they went out of business. I had heard bad things about them anyway...

If someone happens to know of a licensed dealer that I could contact, please let me know.
Maybe you could ask your local aquarium or conservation center. Assuming they have at least one shark breed, they could probably tell you where you can find sharks.

puffers4puffers

Dovii
MFK Member
Jul 19, 2008
Kensington CA
Its called a display tank.
Sharks are impressive creatures that draw a lot of attention, and as OP has explained in a previous post, he's getting a restaurant and wants a shark tank as a centerpiece.
Just my 2 cents
As long as there is the desire...there will always be a supplier
The shark would prefer to be left in its natural habitat
But that’s just me

Zmouvek

Exodon
MFK Member
Dec 2, 2022
Just my 2 cents
As long as there is the desire...there will always be a supplier
The shark would prefer to be left in its natural habitat
But that’s just me
People aren't used to the idea of being mortally scared of something eating them, but in the ocean that thought is never not in a creatures mind, I would bet a life of peace where you don't need to worry about eating or being eaten is something wild animals would appreciate.

Reactions: SilverArowanaBoi

SilverArowanaBoi

Peacock Bass
MFK Member
Sep 21, 2023
Houston, Texas
People aren't used to the idea of being mortally scared of something eating them, but in the ocean that thought is never not in a creatures mind, I would bet a life of peace where you don't need to worry about eating or being eaten is something wild animals would appreciate.
Well, it depends on the specific creature...some creatures are at the top of the food chain and nobody messes with them, but most are in the "prey" category.

puffers4puffers

Dovii
MFK Member
Jul 19, 2008
Kensington CA
Doesn’t change the fact that sharks aren’t asking to be caught and doomed to your display

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store