Bored with tank

vanman

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Apr 23, 2011
Woodinville WA
I also like to keep odd balls and or the rare and rare fresh water eels. It takes a while to do the research to get the rare odd ones from certain areas or at least compatible. I also raise snails and shrimp for my puffers. There is always something to do. I have always like to keep busy.

JimA

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jan 10, 2012
Bellingham
Tropheus, I started with African cichlids got bored and picked up a group of 33 Kasanga Red Rainbows, never looked back. Might be worth looking into and what's available where you are?

fhawk362

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Oct 24, 2009
Royal palm beach, FL
I bought a breeding pair to respark some interest, grew out jack dempseys and got a breeding pair, but I ended up running out of ideas with what to do wtih the babies. But it was cool cause the babies were great wetpets and would eat out of my hand, I could actually just grab them out of the tank they were so trusting and comfortable with me.

mralbin123

Gambusia
MFK Member
Jan 29, 2011
Sweden
mini monsters = exodon paradoxus

[video=youtube;vJZkAQh3h-k]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vJZkAQh3h-k[/video]

Nova 8

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Feb 10, 2007
South Australia
Not even close. Form me, keeping a fish for life is where the real joy is. The species that I'm focusing on won't even be fully grown in three years. This hobby has a LOT to offer for me still.
This is it for me.

Bderick67

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Aug 18, 2006
Colorado
Best thing is to sell all your fish and break down your tanks. If after an extended period of time you miss it then you'll know to keep exploring different options within the hobby. If you don't miss it, then sell the stuff and find another hobby that interests you.

justarn

Arapaima
MFK Member
May 24, 2011
Kent UK
i went through this, it passed eventually... you dont find one fish that your happy with, you need to find the right fish for you instaed of 5-10 cichlids maybe one good quality one and a breeding group of smaller fish? i almost sold my 100's of pounds of fish to buy 1 buttikoferii and 30 red jewels.... kinda african rivine biotope i guess. good luck, i just picked up a black devil catfish so am well happy at the min, my 300 will be his tank as a wet pet, all my other fish are now for sale except my breeding midas pair which will be having a 120 in the bedroom!-)

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store