Bought my first Dat today!

Gr8KarmaSF

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MFK Member
Jul 23, 2005
Quarantine Tank
My new Dat seems stable in color and behavior. I paid $40 for a 3 incher here in Cali. Not sure what kind thou, I will post pics soon. :D

Im also gonna try to get him to eat mainly pellets with the occasional feeder.

Gr8KarmaSF

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MFK Member
Jul 23, 2005
Quarantine Tank
I keep on hearing that they grow supha slow, how slow are we talking about (given good h20 and a varied diet, etc.) are we talking about an inch every 3 months or what?!?!? :)

Pics coming I promise!!! :D

BostonPatriot

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Aug 6, 2005
boston
Nice pickup. I have a 3" or so. I payed $24 and it is a indo tiger. They are really rare here in Mass. so I didn't mind paying a few more bucks. My dat was EXTREMELY shy for the first two weeks and wouldn't even eat with the lights on. Now it is the owner of the tank. It swims all the time and eats like a horse.(with the lights ON!) It even comes up to the glass when I approach the tank. Just give it some time and it will become your favorite fish in the tank!

blacktip

Fire Eel
MFK Member
May 22, 2005
Cali
Congrats on the dat. I can't wait to see pics. The only dats I have seen lately in cali have been Indos, so my guess is that is likely what you have, but would need pics to be certain.

I have had my little 3" Indo for two months and he has grown about 1/2". If you want him to grow faster, stuff him with live feeders stuffed with high quality flake food. I did that for a while, but I don't have a quarantine tank for the feeders and I have received a couple of bad batches. Fortunately, they didn't mess up my dat, but I lost a few other fish that he was in with.

Me personally, I'm in no hurry for my little guy to grow and I'll stick to frozen foods for now.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store