Bowfin update they are eating well Growing

tkoltz

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Aug 15, 2012
florida
Most people that fish and accidently catch a bowfin think they are as aggressive as snakehead so people kill them so these people could infact lower bowfin numbers. Bowfin can be agressive but nothing like snakehead. Personally my bowfin nip others but usually its a fish that is pestering them. Other wise I think my bowfin are pretty quiet. I wouldn't say ripping throats is impossible.

Sent from my ZTE N9120 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

pharmaecopia

Polypterus
MFK Member
Aug 21, 2010
Ontario, Canada
Bowfin are unpredictable in their aggression. They can be fine till one day they snap and kill something. My current group of 3 adult females have killed more than their fair share of tankmates.

tkoltz

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Aug 15, 2012
florida
Are they all together and I believe my bowfin are males females are notorious for being more aggressive. So how big are the females?

pharmaecopia

Polypterus
MFK Member
Aug 21, 2010
Ontario, Canada
They are all together. The group ranges from roughly 20 to 26" I think. I should have pics up somewhere with more accurate measurements. I have found both genders to be aggressive, and haven't really seen any difference between the sexes. I previously had more bowfin, both male and female that were killed by the current group.

tkoltz

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Aug 15, 2012
florida
That's awesome I wanna see them do they have nice patterns or did they lose the markings?

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store