Brand new DSA 225g setup journal

celebrist

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
May 7, 2013
alaska
I haven't either, but my research has said it is very safe as per several of the members here. Good luck with it and keep updates coming!

professor_rob

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Jun 26, 2010
Brisbane, Australia
Nice looking tank setup, and good looking stock. I am in the same boat you were, still can't decide on final stock list for my tank and mine is a couple of years old.

Nothing makes you happier as a fish keeper than design the perfect filtration system for your tank (or as close as possible). I am still tinkering with my filtration, much to my partners annoyance. It looks completely different to its original setup.

Keep the updates coming and good luck with the sick fish.

ElectricBlueSeanBurch

Piranha
MFK Member
Nov 24, 2010
Panaque Paradise
Small update. I moved about 3 months ago. Lost a few fish in the process. Lost L191 and L177 I got from Mike Sema. Lost 2 small balzanis. Finally got it replumbed last week. Before that she was running on an FX6 and large water changes. Got my 75g sump running again.
Still powered by the 2 laguna pumps. Tank is now barebottom and I love it. Here is a short video update

Reactions: Paulbearer

Paulbearer

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Jul 1, 2008
Marion, NC
Looks good......who you get him from?

ElectricBlueSeanBurch

Piranha
MFK Member
Nov 24, 2010
Panaque Paradise
Looks good......who you get him from?
My brother has a new guy he is ordering from. I'm not even sure who it is to be honest. He said he had a listing for "show" sized fire eels and I ordered one.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store