Breaking News out of Florida!!!!!

ballinouttacntrol

Polypterus
MFK Member
Aug 20, 2009
Eugene, Or
Have you seen the other case involving the stand your ground law that the same prosecutor from this case recently tried? It involved a women being abused by her boyfriend or husband and she fired a warning shot and got arrested, tried and convicted. The judge said something along the line of she wasn't in a situation that he deemed dangerous enough to invoke stand your ground and should've retreated

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

JD7.62

Dovii
MFK Member
Sep 13, 2005
at the 'Bama Breeze
Have you seen the other case involving the stand your ground law that the same prosecutor from this case recently tried? It involved a women being abused by her boyfriend or husband and she fired a warning shot and got arrested, tried and convicted. The judge said something along the line of she wasn't in a situation that he deemed dangerous enough to invoke stand your ground and should've retreated

Thats an easy case. If you are truly in fear of your life, why would you fire a warning shot? This is totally different. I bet if that shot was fired as she was getting her head beat in on the sidewalk she wouldnt have been charged with anything.

Thats one of the first things you learn when you get your CCW. You NEVER pull your weapon unless you are going to use it, otherwise you arent in fear for your life are you?

krichardson

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jun 19, 2006
Datnoid Island
Well,she did use the weapon,and can't it be argued that the person was scared for their life and scared to kill someone.Everyone is not as willing to take another person's life in defense of their own.....

aaronb

Candiru
MFK Member
Mar 20, 2011
Cawker City, KS
Thats an easy case. If you are truly in fear of your life, why would you fire a warning shot? This is totally different. I bet if that shot was fired as she was getting her head beat in on the sidewalk she wouldnt have been charged with anything.

Thats one of the first things you learn when you get your CCW. You NEVER pull your weapon unless you are going to use it, otherwise you arent in fear for your life are you?
That's extremely rediculous. I think if they're teaching that in the concealed carry classes they're slightly flawed. Not everyone is ready to kill another to save their own life like the poster above me said. I'm sure there are plenty of people that would rather die guilt free than live with the fact they took someone else's life.

Sent from my DROIDX using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

ballinouttacntrol

Polypterus
MFK Member
Aug 20, 2009
Eugene, Or
She hasn't been sentenced yet facing 20 years but it looks like she's getting a retrial.

I disagree that she should've shoot the person instead of firing a warning shot....it was a loved one who father her child, not a stranger

keepinfish

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Jun 29, 2007
In God We Trust

I agree. When I took my ccl, I learned a lot. You don't shoot to injure you shoot to kill, because you only pull your weapon when your life is threatened.

frnchjeep

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Aug 24, 2006
Ct
That's extremely rediculous. I think if they're teaching that in the concealed carry classes they're slightly flawed. Not everyone is ready to kill another to save their own life like the poster above me said. I'm sure there are plenty of people that would rather die guilt free than live with the fact they took someone else's life.

Sent from my DROIDX using MonsterAquariaNetwork App
She hasn't been sentenced yet facing 20 years but it looks like she's getting a retrial.

I disagree that she should've shoot the person instead of firing a warning shot....it was a loved one who father her child, not a stranger

I'll post this again. Perhaps it was missed the first time.
http://hawaiiccw.com/hawaii-firearm-laws/shoot-kill/

When you take on the responsibility of arming yourself, emotions don't matter. If you ever use your weapon, you use it to stop a threat that is jeopardizing your life. Thats it. It doesn't matter if it is your baby's father, or even your own father. If they are intent on causing you great bodily harm, you have the right to stop that threat. As it says in the link, firing your weapon is using deadly force. It doesn't matter if you aim at the ceiling or someone's chest. If you aren't justified in using deadly force, you are not justified in pulling the trigger.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store