Breathing hard?

Boomer1224

Candiru
MFK Member
Jun 24, 2017
I have a 3 '' altuvie and everything has been great he eats like a pro,i give him a varied diet of shrimp,scallops and for the first time last nite catfish.I do 25% water changes every 2-3 days the problem is since last nite he has been breathing hard and kinda twitching I haven't noticed any ich spots on him and I'm pretty sure there isn't an amomia problem in my tank with all the water changes I do,oh 1 other thing I have noticed that he used to take chunks of meat now I have to cut them real small or I find them in the back of the tank when I do my next water change could this mean something,really could use your help here guys,nick

DarthRhom

Candiru
MFK Member
Oct 25, 2006
New Jersey
Test your water so you can be sure the parameters are good. What do you use for oxygen? Is it working?
It could be anything, a parasite on its gills. If it were me, I would make 100% sure my parameters are good and all equipment is working. Then maybe treat with something for parasites if there's no sign of an infection. Just my opinion btw.

Reactions: Drstrangelove

DarthRhom

Candiru
MFK Member
Oct 25, 2006
New Jersey
Aww man that sucks. Sorry for your loss.

Atfownz

Piranha
MFK Member
Jan 9, 2006
Here
Overfeeding can lead to this. Maybe it was the catfish like you stated. Sorry for your loss.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store