breathing heavily after water change?

TheBroc

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Apr 1, 2014
CALIFORNIA
I triple checked correct temp, didn't add the plant flourish stuff. That a it.

Sent from my LGMS769 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

Aquafreak

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Dec 22, 2008
Fleetwood, PA
Maybe it was the Flourish afterall. Good news either way!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

Keemofish4ever

Blue Tier VIP
MFK Member
Oct 20, 2015
The Car
Maybe it was the Flourish afterall. Good news either way!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using MonsterAquariaNetwork App
One year later I'm having this same issue with my tig and geos just did a water change and now my geos n tig are breath hard like if there choking but all my other fish are good dat loaches ray Flagtail n pike.... I added salt n warmer water but no much cuz one loach had ich but I've don't this before...plenty of oxygen in the tank it's 300 gallon with a 100 gallon sump with 3 large sponge filters....I don't want my tig to die either haha

philipraposo1982

Banned
MFK Member
Feb 21, 2016
Cambridge, Ontario
i didn't read through everything or any of it but is your tank filled with micro bubbles after a water change? do you live in a cold climate?

could be that the water is supersaturated.

Keemofish4ever

Blue Tier VIP
MFK Member
Oct 20, 2015
The Car
i didn't read through everything or any of it but is your tank filled with micro bubbles after a water change? do you live in a cold climate?

could be that the water is supersaturated.
There was actually alot more micro bubbles in this waterchange than usual but they are all gone now...n I live in San diego so temperature USUALLY in the 70's degree
But the tig is looking alot better i increase the aeration as much as I could, geos are still having the same issue tho...

squint

Peacock Bass
MFK Member
Oct 14, 2007
CO
It could be gas bubble trauma. I always fill a barrel or spare tank with cold tap water, heat it with aquarium heaters, overdose with Prime, and test for total chlorine before I use it.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store