Breeding Question! Help!

cichlid_25

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Dec 2, 2006
Richmond, MI
So my midas/rd and blood parrot have been breeding alot latley. The first batch they laid didnt make it. The second batch i pulled out and placed into a 5gal tank to let them hatch, and sure enough they did, i now have about 50 fry that made it and are doing well. Heres the problem tho....my midas/rd and parrot bred again and have more eggs than ever around 700 or so. I really want them to hatch too, so i was wondering if it would be ok to put the new eggs in the 5gal with the fry that i have now....the fry are about 2 weeks old now. Would that be ok? or would the fry pick at the eggs or pick at new fry once they hatch? ny advice is greatly appreciated.

juzzwah

Feeder Fish
Feb 23, 2007
victoria
i would think like all fish if it can fit in its mouth it will eat it, so you may want to put a seperator in the 5 gl tank until the new fry have grown a little

cichlid_25

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Dec 2, 2006
Richmond, MI
juzzwah;1400522; said:
i would think like all fish if it can fit in its mouth it will eat it, so you may want to put a seperator in the 5 gl tank until the new fry have grown a little
i agree with that....well i did think about that but the eggs are on a piece of driftwood that would take up majority of the tank....so it would be kinda pointless to put a divider in there....but the fry aren't big enough to actually eat the eggs...im just worrying that they would get picked at...but im thinkin i might possibly try it cuz i dont have another tank at the moment and if i leave the eggs in with the parents, the parents will ditch them to get eaten by my other fish once they hatch. thanx 4 the advice;)

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store