Breeding snails

fenton06

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Jan 10, 2009
Ankeny, IA
Wow, thanks for the info Lupin! That's like info overload for me right now so I will try and gather it in over some time!

I would really like to get apple snails so I will PM msjinkzd for some info. I think i will get some java moss to have hang out around the top and I am looking for a sponge filter I can use with an airstone but am still somewhat confused on how that works so if there are any links that show some pictures on how it's done that would be awesome.

Thanks everyone!

Lupin

Viviendo la vida loca!
MFK Member

Dr Joe

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Mar 8, 2006
Sixty Miles South of Tampa Florida
fenton06;2821590; said:
Wow, thanks for the info Lupin! That's like info overload for me right now so I will try and gather it in over some time!

I would really like to get apple snails so I will PM msjinkzd for some info. I think i will get some java moss to have hang out around the top and I am looking for a sponge filter I can use with an airstone but am still somewhat confused on how that works so if there are any links that show some pictures on how it's done that would be awesome.

Thanks everyone!
:ROFL::ROFL:Where as lupin yesterday, I wouldn't have had to type all that other stuff :ROFL::ROFL:

Hope it didn't drive you off. Just keep it simple.

http://www.goldfishutopia.net/product_info.php?cPath=8&products_id=11

They're powered by an airstone inside. Bubbles rise inside the tube pushing water uot the top and drawing water in thru the sponge.

If you look around you can find DIY articles on making these.

Dr Joe

fenton06

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Jan 10, 2009
Ankeny, IA
He posted a really good link to how one works, makes sense now that I get what's going on! thanks for your help guys, hopefully i update this thread with snail pictures in a couple weeks!

Hmong_Xiong

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jan 27, 2009
Wisconsin
a bucket full of water and throw in some fish food once every 2 weeks or else threw them in with your fish. I'm trying to get rid of mine they are everywhere

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store