Building My 50,000 Gallon Monster Mega Tank

arapaimag

Gold Tier VIP
MFK Member
Sep 13, 2005
Quaoar
Have you ever considered putting a Wels in there?
No.

I prefer tropical fish to temperate in this tank.

Also the big female Wallago leerii would probably kill a wels smaller than her. I do have a Wallago attu which is perhaps one of the closest catfishes looking like a wels. But a lot nastier than the wels. My problem with it is that I don't think the leerii (the pair) would allow the smaller attu to live in the big tank and the attu is far to nasty to live in the smaller 15,000.

arapaimag

Gold Tier VIP
MFK Member
Sep 13, 2005
Quaoar
I would put 200 neon tetras in there but according to this forum I would need a larger tank.

Sent from my PG86100 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App
For sure.

They might advise you that perhaps 50 juveniles is the max for a puddle this size. And that when they mature you will of course need something bigger.

sje106

Candiru
MFK Member
Jul 11, 2005
Hertford, Herts, UK
No.

I prefer tropical fish to temperate in this tank.

Also the big female Wallago leerii would probably kill a wels smaller than her. I do have a Wallago attu which is perhaps one of the closest catfishes looking like a wels. But a lot nastier than the wels. My problem with it is that I don't think the leerii (the pair) would allow the smaller attu to live in the big tank and the attu is far to nasty to live in the smaller 15,000.
Looks and behaviour wise, what are the differences between the Attu and the Leeri?
Is there much difference in yours size?

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store