Bumblebee grouper

RadleyMiller

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Aug 15, 2006
Delaware
www.myspace.com
Just like Atlantic Stingrays, they can survive in full fresh their entire lives but need perfect water conditions to do so. With a 9 foot predator, that is impossible (even with a huge drip system) so keeping them in fresh is very difficult. These fish should be left on the reef or only taken care of by professionals like Matt (Zoodiver) They look amazing when young but are not aquarium fish at all.

fugupuff

M.A.N. Community Vendor
Community Vendor
MFK Member
Mar 14, 2005
Fish Heaven
RadleyMiller;629193; said:
Just like Atlantic Stingrays, they can survive in full fresh their entire lives but need perfect water conditions to do so. With a 9 foot predator, that is impossible (even with a huge drip system) so keeping them in fresh is very difficult. These fish should be left on the reef or only taken care of by professionals like Matt (Zoodiver) They look amazing when young but are not aquarium fish at all.
you're almost right on target :headbang2

fugupuff

M.A.N. Community Vendor
Community Vendor
MFK Member
Mar 14, 2005
Fish Heaven
davo;629180; said:
How big is it, and how long has it been in full fresh?
it grew from 3.5" to now, its about 11" in less than a year, in between it was in salt water for over 2 months. I had another one in the store, but now it has been sold and I'm no longer its care taker.

Just a disclaimer. Many literatures have "stated" they move to full marine water when adults, however, that is just what they do, but does not prove that they physiologically require "salt" which is a loose term to survive.

Think of stingrays, flounders, tilapia, gars, snooks, mollies, guppies, pipe fish, salmon, trout, I won't beat this subject any longer. Merry Christmas Everyone

cichlaguapote

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Oct 2, 2006
Pripyat, Ukraine
Fugu, now you owe us pics.

Can't imagine having one of those beasts.

fishcatch22

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Nov 1, 2006
anchorage, alaska
it is best to keep them in marine.

in fact, it's best not to keep them at all unless you have a 20' tank.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store