Buying Baby Arowana

MrHarris

Candiru
MFK Member
May 9, 2005
feeder tank
Sometimes I see 12-14" silvers go for $30 each. Baby's 3-5" for $15. Tong's Tropical Fish, but not sure what kind of deals they got now.

rallysman

Polypterus
MFK Member
Aug 7, 2005
indiana
What part of Indiana are you from? Thats about an average price. I wouldnt pay any more for one. (unless its was really big already:))

dtgshark

Gambusia
MFK Member
Oct 30, 2005
here
initially 55 gals will work for about 5 months, then you will need a much bigger tank like 180 gals. But it would be great if you can grow a baby aro with its sac still on into an adult. good luck.

sam_cj

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jan 14, 2006
PH
g8ors said:
A lfs has baby silver aro's for 16 bucks. (One still has sack). First is this a good price? What would be a good size tank to start one in, would 55 be all right for a year, until I can get bigger tank. thanks in advance, new fish owner.
too risky to buy an aro that small considering this will be your first. as other may have suggested, get a bigger tank atleast 350gals if you really intend to keep a silver as they grow very big. ;)

silveraro

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jan 12, 2006
Minnesota
I'm going to say that a small aro of that size will be ok in a 55 for about
8 - 10 months. Just make sure you have your other tank ready by then.

g8ors

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Dec 21, 2005
INDIANA
rallysman said:
What part of Indiana are you from? Thats about an average price. I wouldnt pay any more for one. (unless its was really big already:))

Terre haute area. At the store they also have one that is about 24" or more for $99, it has been there awhile, and the tank looks to be about 150. I think I am going to hold off on the silver aro for a little while until I am sure to have bigger tank. thanks for all the opinions.

rallysman

Polypterus
MFK Member
Aug 7, 2005
indiana
g8ors said:
Terre haute area. At the store they also have one that is about 24" or more for $99, it has been there awhile, and the tank looks to be about 150. I think I am going to hold off on the silver aro for a little while until I am sure to have bigger tank. thanks for all the opinions.

If you make it to indy or north let me know. I'll take you to some very nice fish stores. and 24" at 100 bucks is a pretty good deal. Get a big tank and RESCUE that badboy!! lol

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store