Want to Buy Buying from Predatory Fins

Taimen

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Sep 1, 2023
Ontario, Canada
Hey has anyone in Canada (I'm based in Ontario) had any issue ordering from Predatory Fins in NY? Looking to order from there and curious if anyone had issues with customs, border services etc?

Fishyboy🐟🐟🐟

Candiru
MFK Member
May 31, 2023
I
Hey has anyone in Canada (I'm based in Ontario) had any issue ordering from Predatory Fins in NY? Looking to order from there and curious if anyone had issues with customs, border services etc?
I don’t know if they ship to Canada normally, you would have to contact them to have them ship to Canada I believe

Reactions: Taimen

Fishnkdub

Plecostomus
MFK Member
May 3, 2019
Québec City, Canada
I'd look at Below Water in Montreal, aquarist across canada in BC I think, or the afishionados in Winnipeg first. It will probably be easier than to deal with border paperwork

Taimen

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Sep 1, 2023
Ontario, Canada
I'd look at Below Water in Montreal, aquarist across canada in BC I think, or the afishionados in Winnipeg first. It will probably be easier than to deal with border paperwork
Much appreciated thank you for those, definitley easier then ordering from the US.

Fishnkdub

Plecostomus
MFK Member
May 3, 2019
Québec City, Canada
Much appreciated thank you for those, definitley easier then ordering from the US.
No worries bud. You can iht exotic pet imports Canada on Facebook. I think he handles Oliver's fish distributions now. I always dealt with Oliver himself so I can't vouch for Zak but Burbotman Burbotman could. Good luck !

Taimen

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Sep 1, 2023
Ontario, Canada
No worries bud. You can iht exotic pet imports Canada on Facebook. I think he handles Oliver's fish distributions now. I always dealt with Oliver himself so I can't vouch for Zak but Burbotman Burbotman could. Good luck !
Amazing, thanks again this is definitely a better route and I would imagine better for the fish as its much closer then some of the other stores I've been looking at in the US.

mikelhultsfg46

Feeder Fish
Nov 27, 2022
Hey buddy, Are you still looking to purchase Predatory Fins?

Payarakeeper

Candiru
MFK Member
Sep 15, 2011
Burlington, Ontario, Canada
I purchased a Goliath tigerfish and an NTT from them in December. UPS was the only real problem... Ended up having to pick the fish up directly from the airport instead of waiting for UPS door delivery that was going to be delayed another day because an employee didnt check the approved customs package after duties had been paid... which may have resulted in a DOA. however, that aside the fish were alive and healthy and came shipped as described (size, quality) Canadian customs will charge you extra once over the border so keep this in mind on top of the American pricing/shipping/conversion. Its not a bad option if you can afford it, probably better off finding it within canada to avoid the headache of customs though.

mikelhultsfg46

Feeder Fish
Nov 27, 2022
I purchased a Goliath tigerfish and an NTT from them in December. UPS was the only real problem... Ended up having to pick the fish up directly from the airport instead of waiting for UPS door delivery that was going to be delayed another day because an employee didnt check the approved customs package after duties had been paid... which may have resulted in a DOA. however, that aside the fish were alive and healthy and came shipped as described (size, quality) Canadian customs will charge you extra once over the border so keep this in mind on top of the American pricing/shipping/conversion. Its not a bad option if you can afford it, probably better off finding it within canada to avoid the headache of customs though.
PM

HumanBean

Dovii
MFK Member
Nov 4, 2014
Toronto Ontario, Canada
Sorry to bug you P Payarakeeper but what paper work is needed for Canadian customs ? Also are custom duties and fee really bad ?

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store