Bye bye oscar

Status
Not open for further replies.

calibigrob

Peacock Bass
MFK Member
Nov 16, 2012
Worldwide
Nah, pretty much any oscar I've ever seen has been the weaker and subdominant fish in the tank, even when kept with smaller fish. Not surprised that they were killed in the setup that he had.
But why after 2 years, they use push each around but nothing major at all,
Can a fish miss another fish like a person r dog,

Sent from my SPH-L710 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

Cyberman

Aimara
MFK Member
Aug 14, 2011
Durham, UK
www.facebook.com
You're all about who's the biggest and who's the hardest, aren't you??? Just looking at your avatar betrays that simple truth!! Lets face it you allowed them to die :thumbsdow

supergourami

Gambusia
MFK Member
Feb 2, 2011
ontario
But why after 2 years, they use push each around but nothing major at all,
Can a fish miss another fish like a person r dog,
lmfao you clearly dont care about that your setup is whack looks like a cichlid fight club any resbonsible owner would no that buttkoferi + oscar = no red devil + oscar = no

calibigrob

Peacock Bass
MFK Member
Nov 16, 2012
Worldwide
My 180 has 9in buttikoferi, 8in rose queen, 8in yellowjacket , 5in yellowjacket, 12in fh, 5in Mayan, 2 arowana , redtail so sh4t can happen

Gruff Master

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Oct 27, 2009
St. Augustine, Fl
www.alexteralbury.com
Tank good sizes 180 long, I will sell a fish b4 I let another fish beat it til death,

I learned from another thread that you actually have two 180 gallon tanks. For some reason I thought the tank in question was much smaller. In any case it is always bad to come home to dead or dying fish. But from the stock in your most densely populated tank, you still have plenty of other fish to care for. With the aggressive nature of some of those fish, I'm really surprised that you haven't had any other deaths before this incident. That Red Tail cat might pose a problem before its large size does. Good luck with your other fish.

Nah, pretty much any oscar I've ever seen has been the weaker and subdominant fish in the tank, even when kept with smaller fish. Not surprised that they were killed in the setup that he had.
Most Oscars that I have seen with other cichlids, both large and small, have been mellow tank mates. But that's not always the case. There are differences between individuals. Some Oscars can be very aggressive and intolerant of tankmates. But compared to many of the fish in the OP's tank, an Oscar would not be considered top of the pecking order.

calibigrob

Peacock Bass
MFK Member
Nov 16, 2012
Worldwide
You're all about who's the biggest and who's the hardest, aren't you??? Just looking at your avatar betrays that simple truth!! Lets face it you allowed them to die :thumbsdow
Your azz dont know sh2t dude about me if tht was the case I wouldn't have my other 180 with glass divider with flowerhorn mr guy, but if tht wht u think cool with me

calibigrob

Peacock Bass
MFK Member
Nov 16, 2012
Worldwide
I learned from another thread that you actually have two 180 gallon tanks. For some reason I thought the tank in question was much smaller. In any case it is always bad to come home to dead or dying fish. But from the stock in your most densely populated tank, you still have plenty of other fish to care for. With the aggressive nature of some of those fish, I'm really surprised that you haven't had any other deaths before this incident. That Red Tail cat might pose a problem before its large size does. Good luck with your other fish.

Most Oscars that I have seen with other cichlids, both large and small, have been mellow tank mates. But that's not always the case. There are differences between individuals. Some Oscars can be very aggressive and intolerant of tankmates. But compared to many of the fish in the OP's tank, an Oscar would not be considered top of the pecking order.
So true

calibigrob

Peacock Bass
MFK Member
Nov 16, 2012
Worldwide

My tank been n cool, yes they bump head sometimes, tht like going work, u going bump heads, I feed them everything from homemade food (shrimp, salmon, carrot, peas blended) to smelt n goldfish on Thursday n more

Status
Not open for further replies.
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store